Mercedes bens experience.(BAD) - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 04 Nissan Titan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please keep in mind that the only MB dealer in the US that is not a franchise operation is MB of Manhattan. Other than that, they are all independently owned and operated. That of course means they will all have their own policies also. Reading this definitely makes me feel better about my dealer. We have worked very hard to make sure our customers are well cared for. If you have a problem with a dealer, the best thing you can do is slam them on the survey if you get one. It's not much, but if the dealer truly is concerned about customer satisfaction (and they should be, there's a lot of money tied up in it), then they will take a bad survey seriously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: C280 4matic (Lemon)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.xpowerseller View Post
Why do you keep going back to the same dealer who continues to give you bad service? Go above the service manager to the dealership owner(s) and have a chat with him/her/them about your experiences. If the owner is with the program at all, he/she/they will start offering you stuff and keep an eye on the service manager.
I went back to the same dealer because I had taken the appointment 6 weeks ago. I brought my car there to be fixed not serviced. I can assure you that when it's time to service my car again it wont be going there. Anne Bell from Mercedes Canada called me this morning and is working on rectifying the situation (I hope).
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Update:
October 23.
I finally got a call from Anne bell. I briefly explained my situation to her and asked her to please read the log I have written (this one). She tells me that she is going to read the log, talk to her supervisor and get back to me tomorrow.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 01:03 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 280-4matic View Post
I went back to the same dealer because I had taken the appointment 6 weeks ago. I brought my car there to be fixed not serviced. I can assure you that when it's time to service my car again it wont be going there. Anne Bell from Mercedes Canada called me this morning and is working on rectifying the situation (I hope).
You should have canceled the appointment and went somewhere else. Fixed and serviced are interchangeable words when it comes to cars.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
You should have canceled the appointment and went somewhere else. Fixed and serviced are interchangeable words when it comes to cars.

Your probably right. I keep misleading myself into believing that they are somehow going to make things better every time, AND the dealer is next to my house. It's deff the last time I go there.

My cars
ML350(LEMON), C230 KOMPRESSOR(LEMON), S500(LEMON), C280 4MATIC(LEMON)
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
October 24.
No call from Anne Bell

My cars
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Ocober 29.
Still no call from Anne Bell. LOL!

My cars
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
November 6.
I have yet to hear from Anne Bell. I decided to call her back myself.
After asking for her, the receptionist transfers me to her office. The phone picks up and then hangs up(WTF?). I call back and the receptionist immediately tells me that she is in a meeting and would take a message for her. Again I leave my name and number. (I refuse to let this go)

My cars
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2004 E320 & E55 AMG
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Why do you keep going back to the same dealer who continues to give you bad service? Go above the service manager to the dealership owner(s) and have a chat with him/her/them about your experiences. If the owner is with the program at all, he/she/they will start offering you stuff and keep an eye on the service manager.
Agreed... 100 %!!! Just did that 2 days ago... hey ho... my windshield washing system works now after 11 months, 4 times going in, talking to 4 different SA's, 2 Managers, 1 Service guy, 1 mechanic and finally management (owners)!!! And they all just don't understand where my anger and frustration is coming from... Men are from Mars, women from Venus I guess.

I get the next service free, 25 % discount on something (Thrust Arm Bushing replacement) that is covered on my extended warranty anyways super-LOL

Well this is def. the last time I will ever put a food on their property!!! F**k Penske Mercedes-Benz of San Diego!!!

Mackhack

[x] Limo Dark Window Tint
[x] Bluetooth Puck
[x] Euro COMAND/DVD Navigation (527)
[x] UPsolut ECU Tuning
[x] iPod Integ. Kit (057)
[x] Power Folding Mirrors (500)
[x] THERMOTRONIC (581)
[x] Linguatronic (396)
[x] Interior Motion Sensor (882)
[x] 12V Aux Socket in Trunk (Y763)
[x] Distronic (219)
[x] Digital/Analog TV Tuner (863)
[x] Power Trunk Closer (881)
[x] Ill. Door Sills

www.mbretrofits.com
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2008 R350
Hey there, I understand your frustration with service in general; I work for a dealer and have been with Benz for 15 years, and have seen alot of problems and concerns expressed by clients; and to be perfectly honest all vehicles made by Benz are not that great when they are new; much less several years later. The C class has alot of complaints because of cheap materials and workmanship that comprise the car. Alot of clients think that because its got a star on the grill then its all that. Im sorry you've had a bad experience with your dealership and wish you good luck in the future. Benz does make some truly awesome vehicles, they all have inherent problems and complaints; that would be true with any car, whether its a Benz or a Ford. take care, Ron
Greenville, South Carolina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in