LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 1997 SL 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
First Benz for me - 97 SL500 35K Miles on it.

Hi Guys.

Let me just say this is a great source for information. I have been reading extensively for the past few days. Like most people probably, just trying to get the most out of owning one of these great cars.

I live in Dubai and have just bought a 97 SL500. I got it off a doctor here who was the second owner. The first was apparently a bit of a socialite from Tokyo where the car was imported to the UAE from. (this is evidenced by the extensive amount of fur and night club receipts found in the car when he bought it)

As mentioned, it has 60,000 KM on it or about 35,000 miles. It is pretty "stock" as far as I can tell, although he has added a Becker CD and a Sony 200W amp, taken out the sub from behind the pilot's seat and disconnected the two rear speakers for some strange reason. He added blue LED's under the dash and the door but aside from that, it's just as it came from the factory.

I imagine I will be posting some of the little glitches looking for answers in the near future and look forward to any suggestions that I might get in return.

Cheers,

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in