BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 1988 Mercedes 300 CE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New and I need Help 300 CE

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Mercedes world I live in a tiny town High River, Alberta, Canada. I have had a few Mustangs (11) and convinced the wife I could play with a Mercedes. I love my 1988 300 CE, it's been a joy for the past week of ownership.
The car runs perfect when cold but when hot it dies sudden, It does have spark when it dies I checked plugs, it seems to have fuel I cracked a bolt on the fuel manifold and one injector (#1). I have changed the 2 pumps, plugs, cap, rotor, Some times when its hot or warm and dies I pull the ovp & fuel pump relay and it starts right up again but thats probably because it's had time to cool? Mercedes mech told me to change the front crank trigger I did to no avail... I feel like I'm just throwing parts at it now, I hope you may pass my question to a member willing to chat about this prob of mine or maybe you could direct me to a better posting spot? Any help I would be very gratefull for,
Thanks this is my new toy and I love it!!!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Congradulations on the purchase, I can't offer much help on your question, but I'm also living in Alberta, is there an Alberta Mercedes Benz club?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 1997 C 230; 1986 190D 2.5
I'm from Edmonton, how's it going? I don't know if this will help, but I have a mechanic who works on Mercedes. He is absolutely amazing. His shop is AJ Auto in Edmonton and his name is Allen. His number is (780)-988-9434. I suggest calling him up and inquiring. If he knows what's wrong, trust him.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Thanks i wrote that number down too just in case i ever run into car troubles, I live in Frt McMurray and the nearest dealer is Calgary. Plan on moving to Edmonton soon so its good to know that the is someone near by that does good work and can be trusted.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: