Bought a repainted car, dealer fraud? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 10:15 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2005 SL500, 2007 E550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry for your bad experience. Glad to hear the dealer made it right even if things had to get a little ugly. People who come to this site are very much into their cars and care about things like repaints. However, the repainted car the dealer took back could go next to someone who is oblivious to whether or not it's been repainted. Someone who's just buying transportation and will probably never wash the car themselves and get that close to the paint to notice. So the dealer can probably unload it on someone else with no repercussions.

Neil
San Francisco Bay Area

2007 E550, P1, Sport
1996 SL320, ASR, Heated Seats, Xenons, CD Changer,

My Cars: http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/sho...&ppuser=133412
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 12:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Very good that you achieved a satisfactory conclusion.

You can always sent a note to carfax on that VIN to flag it. I believe they have that option.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 01:29 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re:Dealer repaint fraud?

Recently i have brought a second hand car i am facing many problems with it, the engine is so noisy and it's paint is faded so the owner who have purchased me this car is a fraud what i have to do now?
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 10:57 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jun 2007
this reminds me of a 06 chrysler 300 that i had bought "chrysler certified..Anyway upon bringing the car home i noticed that the rocker panels more towards the underside of the car were completly ripped up..they fixed this..fine.. when i went to sell the car about 7 months later only because my company finally offered company cars..I sold the car to a lady that wanted it for her dad..They had brought the car into a chrysler dealer for a wierd noise..long story short she said the car WAS INVOLVED IN A MAJOR FRONT END COLLISION!!! im like WTF i saw the carfax and everything..anyway it would cost 5k to fix.I feel truly bad for this person becuase we ended up going to court and she lost..Moral of story CHECK OUT ANY CAR YOU BUY either through a professional inspection or other means..alot of shady dealers are trying to pass off cars that are damaged!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Vehicle: 07 C230
(Thread Starter)
Well Carfax is marketed as being the "catch all" for used car purchases. They of course have many disclaimers on the actual report that limits what they are required to show and many things have the potential of being omitted. Things that are required to be reported like ownership history, are still very helpful. This is after all just a tool in the decision process and does have its merits. They were also helpful when I contacted them about this car. I was able to submit "customer comments" about the vehicle condition which hopefully will actually make it to the new report.
I will never again buy a "certified" vehicle without crawling through every crease and fender edge for the telltale signs of "fix it".

07 C230 Sport Black / Black
02 E430 Sport Black / Black
97 C280 Black / Black
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2008, 11:30 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2007
I thought this is a mercedez benz forum why is there a Porsche?
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
MB of Huntsville tried to 'Starmark' my 99 ML430 when I was negotiating the purchase. After a CarFax discovery, I found that the rear bumper and liftgate had been replaced, the left rear quarter was refinished, as well. Of course, they stammered around when I presented them with the CarFax. They claimed they did not know it had been repaired. Then, the salesman pulled the history report and found that MB of Huntsville repaired it in their body shop!

So, if MB tries to tell you that they won't CPO a car that has been repaired, I say BS to that.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
MB of Huntsville tried to 'Starmark' my 99 ML430 when I was negotiating the purchase. After a CarFax discovery, I found that the rear bumper and liftgate had been replaced, the left rear quarter was refinished, as well. Of course, they stammered around when I presented them with the CarFax. They claimed they did not know it had been repaired. Then, the salesman pulled the history report and found that MB of Huntsville repaired it in their body shop!
Was that when you tore up his business card and stormed out of the place is the most dramatic fashion possible?

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
Was that when you tore up his business card and stormed out of the place is the most dramatic fashion possible?
Are you the former mod that has turned into a troll?

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Are you the former mod that has turned into a troll?
Actually, some have said I was a troll even when I was a mod. Now, how about answering my question?

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in