post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2001 ML55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New ML 55 AMG Member!

Hey glad to be here! I am the proud new owner of 2001 ML55 AMG with 62K miles and boy am I a happy camper! I love this vehicle but have already had some minor issues to deal with! A stuck license plate that refused to come off which resulted in a taking apart the interior trim on the hatch to "break off" the OEM mounts and install stainless steel pan heads with double nuts...

and now I have the funky gas guage thing going on but here is the rub...after searching th forums I read all the threads on this issue...the previous owner of the car had the fuel pump and lines changed back in June 08 about 9500 miles ago...and now I have the issue of the guage not reading full after fill up at least initially....it will pop up either after a few miles or several ignition cycles...so what gives? I read the tech memo on the reprogramming but wouldnt you think the dealer would have done that when they changed out the 2001 OEM pump?

Now the first time i filled up i had the key in the ignition with the radio on...i hear this is a no-no? Today i gased up in NJ, car off key out of the ignition and the "pumper" gave a couple of clicks after the full click...is this an issue?

In any event I love my car and will hopefully enjoy it for many years to come This site is awesome and the info it provides!
Thanks
Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:30 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: SL600 ML55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome!

Hi Evan and welcome to the forums. I also have a ML55. The only problems I've had is the fuel gauge acting strange. I had it reprogrammed at the dealer with no change. Wish I could tell you of an easy fix, but I haven't found it yet. Enjoy your new ML!

02 ML55 AMG
99 ML320
94 SL600
95 E320 Cabriolet
93 300CE Sportline
87 560SEC
86 300SDL Grease Car
87 300E

02 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa
80 Ferrari 308 GTSI
88 Jaguar XJS12 H&E Edition
98 BMW 328i Convertible
00 BMW Z3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in