Vaccuum Problems, High Idle. Please Help! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Vaccuum Problems, High Idle. Please Help!

Hello all, and thank you in advance for helping a mercedes newbie.

I am having some obvious issues with the vaccuum system on my newly acquired 1975 450SL Roadster. I bought it last month and it really has a high idle. I thought it was because it hadn't been run in a while and there were some fuel/intake problems. Come to find out, someone had cut a bunch of the vaccuum lines. There has to be someone out there that has a working knowledge of which lines go to what and what the "what" looks like. I have checked both manuals on the subject, yet I don't have a real clue as to what they are talking about. I am a visual person and will need someone to actually tell me exactly what lines go what and where that "what" is located. If there is such a person or a forum thread I haven't found to date that clearly spells this out for my specific model, then by all means, please point me to that person. I have done a ton of maintenance on the car already and would like to get this small problem out of my hair. I am trying to upload some pics of my system, but I think this website won't accept due to a small server or something.

Travis Hobbs
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: