LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Sep 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
info for sirius tuner on CLS 500

My wife bought an 06 cls 500. Originally they gave us an 07 to drive around for a day and then they sold us a cheaper 06 with a few less options. It was supposed to have nearly everything but the push start and paddles shifts and a few other things.

Now it was supposed to come with sirius and bluetooth in it and it didn't have it. I figured this out because when I hit satellite it said "no satellite radio" and for phone it said "no phone installed"

Both of these make it seem like you need to just hook up the service and your phone but according to the book it appeared that they were not installed at all. The sales person said that they should both be there. He tells us that it wouldn't have the little antenna on the roof if the satellite wasn't installed.

Then he finds out that it is indeed not installed. The satellite that is. So I believe it has the antenna but not the tuner. He agreed he'd pay for this at an employee discount but then he realized it wasn't all that cheap and tried to say we agreed to pay for it and of course it's not changing to him paying now.

They tried to say it's a $2800 job and I called 2 audio stores who say that sounds outrageous for the tuner, and even for both the antenna and tuner if that is needed. Then my wife tells me today that he's saying it's nearly a $5000 job so I think he's just making stuff up to get more money.

To fix the situation they were going to get us a different car and we would pay the difference. Now he's saying that we should trade it back in, of course at street value and not the full price like originally discussed for this situation, and then buy another car. We'd lose money doing this. They're throwing us for a loop. I think he has spent too much time on this deal and wants more commission by doing this. However he either lied originally about the radio and such or didn't know. But when he did know it wasn't like promised he wouldn't fulfil the deal.

Now what I need to know, since I'm having a hard time getting prices, is how much would this job cost? How much is the tuner for this car and if needed how much is the full satellite cost of tuner and antenna? I doubt the tuner is 2800 or even 5k. I also don't get why it would come w/o the satellite but have the antenna and button.

Awaiting a reply =)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: