LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 1991 190e 2.3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up New 1991 190e owner on the block!

Hi Everyone!

I just inherited my Mom's 1991 190e.

I am thrilled to be "his" proud new owner! I never felt as though he was properly cared for and with only 78k miles on the odometer there's still a lot of life left!

I just spent a fortune at the dealer getting all the mechanical bits working properly. New exhaust system, new drive belt & tensioner, new AC condenser, new brakes & rotors, new wheel berings, new drive shaft, new tires, just to name a few.

If any of you live in the NY/NJ area, as a warning steer clear of the Manhattan Mercedes dealer, complete rip off. They are so incompetent; they even left my hood unlatched, which I only discovered as I was driving over the George Washington Bridge!! Plus they replaced my drive shaft when I am pretty sure it was the wheel berings that were causing the problem. Aditionally, they replaced my exhaust system, but left on all the rusty old heat shields, which promptly created a hole in the new exhaust pipe. Not to mention the fact that the whole reason I needed a new exhaust system is b/c they unlatched my muffler when they were replacing the drive shaft and then let me drive out of the shop with it hanging!! It finally fell when I was driving to NJ. I had to have the car towed back so they could fix it! Total NIGHTMARE.

I have been going to Prestige in NJ after that incident and they have been great and very in tune with the car.

I am moving on to the fun stuff and getting all the cosmetic stuff into creampuff state. Doing an over haul on the stereo is first on the agenda. I might attempt it myself with the help of my dad & financee. I also want to replace my grille before I get that nice 100k medallion!

In the couple months I have owned my 190e, I have been perusing the internet for info. I joined Benz World, b/c you all seem to be the most knowledgeable on the web.

Looking forward to talking to you all!
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 01:19 PM

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: E55 ///AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Congrats and Welcome to BW!

Post some pics when you get a chance.

JOE55

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in