HELP - Just Purchased a 2004 SLK230 and Already Having Problems - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Aug 2008
Vehicle: 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Kompressor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy HELP - Just Purchased a 2004 SLK230 and Already Having Problems

I just got a 2004 SLK230 last week. It only had 10800 miles. I couldn't pass it up and had to have it. It looks brand new. The dealer just put a new battery in it and after that the radio did not work. He knocked $500 off the price and let me fix it. It only had a blown fuse and now works fine. Yesterday though, my ABS and BAS/ESP lights came on. My cruse control was disabled by this and thats not the best part. A short time later, I went around a damp corner and the rear tires slightly broke loose and after that the transmission went into limp mode and won't shift out of 2nd gear. I need some help here. I have tried hooking up my diagnostic code reader, but it says that there are no stored codes. I tried disconnecting the battery for over an hour, but the problem remains. Any suggestions about what may be the problem, or anyone who has had a similar problem, please contact me. I hope this is a minor fix and not the start of a long line of problems. Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: