Ok...I know it wasn't the brightest thing to do, but as I'm sure you're aware, the cup holder is not in a very user friendly place.
Left a McDonalds cup of coke in the holder overnight and the liquid leaked to the radio. When I realized it the next morning and turned on the radio all I got was a HISSSSSSSSSSS. Well I ran for the blow dryer
and by later that evening I was able to listen to the radio with no problem.
Unfortunately the CD player never recovered! I have a cd changer in the trunk(factory) It's operating fine....you hear it changing, and the dash display works fine. But when I turn up the volume I still only get HISSSSSSSS and you can faintly hear the music. Very faint!
Are there 2 different wires that control radio volume and cd volume?
Given the fact that the radio work fine.
What is the fate of my factory system? Since the radio and cd player obviously work, is this a simple wiring issue so that I can HEAR the cd's play again or will the entire dash system need replacing?