LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2007, E63 AMG, 2006, E55 AMG waggon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post New Canadian member looking for info eh?

Hey gang: I joined the Merc family after years of observing. My first Merc: CLK 500. Then when I saw the E55 AMG Waggon with 469 HP, I just had to pick one up for my wife. Thinking she would be happy to keep driving the Suburban or my CLK, I quickly learned I was not allowed to drive it unless she was away. Horrified, as I no longer could stand driving the CLK after joy riding in her heart pounding E55.

So I just stepped up and picked up a 2007, E63 AMG with 3,000 miles on her for $66,000. (in California). With my strong CDN $ at par, and the new bumper law change in Canada reflecting the same standards as US, it was easy to ignor the demand for the same car in Canada for $95,000 +.

Couple questions for my new E63:

What recommended modifications can be simply made to increase the HP? I think I can add 40 HP by changing the CPU with Renntech ($3,500?), but what else can be done.

And does anyone have any other suggestions to trick this ride? I like low key: ie: wolf in sheep's clothing, although the E63 looks smokin hot and hardly a sheep, but the wife's E55 definately fits this label, then I can blow almost every car on the raod.

thanks guy & gals,

The Kid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1979 240 D, 1993 500 SEL
Welcome aboard. Probably best thing is to go right to the specific forum for your vehicle.For example, I have a 93 500SEL,so I go right to the W140 forum, which covers that model.You will get a lot better advice that way.

Since I am originally from Vancouver, I can imagine your cars whisking along the Upper Levels, or maybe a straightaway run from the Deas Island (Laing tunnel) to the border.

If it weren't for that very effective RCMP radar......
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2007, E63 AMG, 2006, E55 AMG waggon
(Thread Starter)
Sounds like you need shifters

I have a Passport with shifters custom installed that make my cars invisable to the lazer and radar guns. Best purchase I ever made. vancouver is hard to beat on a day like today. Great day to hit the Whistler highway in the E63.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in