just bought a 1995 e320 with starting issues. - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question just bought a 1995 e320 with starting issues.

First of all i would like to say, that this site is great and everyone seems very helpful. I have been looking the site over for a month now and I am impressed by the wealth of info I have found.
Let me begin, my wife and I purchased our first Mercedes. A 1995 e320 sedan, a beautiful car that seems to be in good shape. When we test drove it, it ran beautifully. We looked it over, and bought it at a good price.
Right after we bought it we noticed some starting issues. One day it might start ten times in a row and then the eleventh time it won't start at all. Very erratic starting also it will start if it gets a jump start. The wiring harness has been replaced by a previous owner. My mechanic told me no electricity was getting to the fuel pump. Could this be the fuel pump relay, and is that the little cube-like thing with prongs behind the battery. Also i noticed that gas is now leaking around the fuel pump area. Today when i went to start the car and i turned the key to the on position, [but i didn't start the car] i heard the fuel pump kick on and then continue to run. before the car was started.
My question is, does my relay need to be replaced as well as my fuel pump.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: