Mercedes-Benz now offers full iPhone integration: - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
AZ.Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2008 E320 BLUETEC
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Mercedes-Benz now offers full iPhone integration:



Mercedes-Benz now offers full iPhone integration:

AZ.Benz
AZ.Benz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
eslite.louis's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: C350 Sports
Location: CA
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really want to know if that can fit in my 2006 C350 or not.
I've been waiting this for too long, almost tried to jump in to the cradle+ bluetooth system for $2900...
please please tell me my C350 can use it...

C350 + Manual =

Last edited by eslite.louis; 06-23-2008 at 04:33 PM.
eslite.louis is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
AZ.Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2008 E320 BLUETEC
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eslite.louis View Post
I really want to know if that can fit in my 2006 C350 or not.
I've been waiting this for too long, almost tried to jump in to the cradle+ bluetooth system for $2900...
please please tell me my C350 can use it...
Nope, bluetooth only in the '08 C Class.
AZ.Benz is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:20 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi,
i own a new 08 c class sport which has option 386 telephone pre wiring installed from new. If i buy an iphone cradle and just slide it in, will i get full control and function of phone, music and antenna from my iphone and playlists on my screen. Or is there more wirning required for full functions.

thnks
derekmcgroarty is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
AZ.Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2008 E320 BLUETEC
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekmcgroarty View Post
hi,
i own a new 08 c class sport which has option 386 telephone pre wiring installed from new. If i buy an iphone cradle and just slide it in, will i get full control and function of phone, music and antenna from my iphone and playlists on my screen. Or is there more wirning required for full functions.

thnks
To my knowledge, the cradle works in lieu of the bluetooth module, which snaps into place in the center console in E, CLS, SLK, CLK, M, GL, and '08 SL. C, CL, and S Classes have the advanced COMAND system with Bluetooth built in, so there isn't a port for the module. I haven't actually seen the unit, it appears to be available in Europe at the moment, so I can't say with certianty that's the case. Perhaps, there is a cradle for the iPod port on those cars, though.

Hope this helps.

AZ.Benz
AZ.Benz is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
 
Date registered: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ.Benz View Post
To my knowledge, the cradle works in lieu of the bluetooth module, which snaps into place in the center console in E, CLS, SLK, CLK, M, GL, and '08 SL. C, CL, and S Classes have the advanced COMAND system with Bluetooth built in, so there isn't a port for the module. I haven't actually seen the unit, it appears to be available in Europe at the moment, so I can't say with certianty that's the case. Perhaps, there is a cradle for the iPod port on those cars, though.

Hope this helps.

AZ.Benz
When you say it "snaps into place in the center console in E", are you only referring to the '08? I have an '06 E Class.
Also, do you now of an official Mercedes phone number that might have more info on any developing U.S. technology which integrates the iPhone?
ripefilms is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
Iphone integration 99CLKcab C208/A208 CLK-Class 15 11-02-2008 12:59 PM
iPhone integration berrill W211 E-Class 6 06-20-2008 06:18 PM
Mercedes-Benz Ipod Integration Kit Availability? JG in SB Audio & Telematics Forum 1 04-29-2005 01:32 PM
Mercedes Benz and iPod Integration!!! SIlver_Lana R171 SLK-Class 15 02-18-2005 11:45 AM
Mercedes-Benz S-Class Offers 4MATIC as Standard Wolfgang W220 S-Class 0 08-17-2004 09:05 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome