Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hilarious ebay exchange

This is from auction on pristine condition 1999 E300dt
Sold for $13,100
Quote:
Q: Hello! .. the NAV interior, that is a simulated leather, right? ... i think i've seen that... oh, how peppy (responsive) is that motor? ... I have a 420 now and like the v8 power. What would you charge to drive it to California? ... What do you think a transport company would charge?...thanks!! Jun-18-08
A: When I refer to NAV in the title/description, I am talking about the GPS navigation system in the car. The interior is MB-TEX which is a simulated leather. Some people prefer it because it's low maintenance and looks good. Indeed, my seats are in fantastic shape. The diesel engine is not going to win any races off the line, so to speak. But, once the turbo kicks-in, the car is very powerful and can confidently overtake any traffic on the highway. This vehicle is clearly not designed to be a sports car. It's for barreling down the highway in luxurious comfort. It does that very well. I would have to calculate flight costs, fuel, hotels and food to give an accurate figure for me to personally drive the car cross-country. I would expect it to cost in the neighborhood of $2000-2500.
Q: Hello I'm looking for Mercedes E300 Diesel years '96-'99 but unfortunately you are requesting higher than market price. Please reference KBB.ORG: Kelley Blue Book - Private Party Pricing Report - Mercedes-Benz, E-Class - Official Kelley Blue Book Site If you can be based on market price let me know. I live in NY too and I can come and see this car. Thank you Saimir Jun-18-08
A: KBB does not represent market price. The price this car sells for on ebay represents market price. Reserve is set at $13,000. Considering we're about $500 shy of that price at this moment, I think I've priced my car properly. Everyone is welcome to come see the car during normal business hours in Stony Point, NY or in the evening in Middletown, NY. There is not much time left, so please act fast if you intend to see the vehicle. Thank you.
Q: Hello I'm a private buyer and I see you are private seller too. A friend of mine likes diesel and I want to make him a diesel car for a gift of his birthday (still end of July 2008 ). I know is hard to find diesel and hard to sell too. This is what I saw during my search so far on private sellers and dealers. I'm looking for to spend $6,000.00 USD and I can pay cash on hand. I live in NY too and I can came and see the car. Please let me know. Thank you Saimir Jun-11-08
A: Good luck, bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 06:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mercedes Benz of Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
This is from auction on pristine condition 1999 E300dt
Sold for $13,100
Yep; all that is VERY reminiscent of what I encounter when selling cars or motorcycles.

Charles
New York City, NY
Richmond County

United States of America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in