SRS lights up when front seat was replaced. - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SRS lights up when front seat was replaced.

I have a problem with my MB Viano (-04). I had to replace single passanger front seat with a double front seat. The original single seat had a side airbag, which can't be installed to the new double front seat. Now, I should be able to eliminate the function of the side airbag (I do not need it bacause my Viano is registered as a bus = don't have to have orginal safety equipments. Furthermore, it's is just a right side airbag). SRS light is currently on, and MB offcial maintance tester says that the problem is in the passanger's seat pad sensor. (which is now under the front seat together with airbag module)

At first when airbag module and seat pad were removed from original seat, SRS did not light up, i.e. ECU didn't notice that they are out now... obviously, seat pad sensor damaged somehow in the reinstallation process because SRS light switched on. I can buy a new one seat sensor pad (=expensive) but instead, can I cheat/fake it somehow? E.g. installing appropriate resistor instead of it? Any ideas? There is no sense to do like official MB dealer says; remove everything (also side airbag from drivers' seat), replace ECU, wires etc.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: