How to deal with Benz haters? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
In Silicon Valley expensive cars are a common sight, no big deal.

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 2006 MB S430, 2013 MB S350 Bluetec, 2012 E350 4 Matic, 2002 Jaguar XJ8 VDP
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-SV View Post
In Silicon Valley expensive cars are a common sight, no big deal.
Same deal in the Boston area. There are tons of S Classes, 7 Series, and LS460's and your occasional exotic.
It's just the Hybrid, Save the World Holier than Thou crowd that seems to be prevalent here. Everyone thinks they are saving the world with their Prius and neglecting the environment cost of producing and disposing those battery packs. Battery production isn't exactly good for the environment. I think the New York Times figured out that it takes more energy to produce a Prius than a Hummer H2...Talk about shortsighted.

I lived in the UK and no one ever gave a damn what anyone else drove...

-Sam
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2008 E320 BLUETEC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv7887 View Post
I had a few environmentalist types lecture me on Global Warming and how my choice of car is ruining the environment. Essentially their point is that I am being selfish by not driving a Prius...
Actually, a freakin' S65 is greener than a Prius when you consider what happens while disposing the batteries.

AZ.Benz
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ.Benz View Post
Actually, a freakin' S65 is greener than a Prius when you consider what happens while disposing the batteries.

AZ.Benz
You might even take it as far as the rest of the car, not just the batteries.

"As well as being lauded by magazines, S-Class was the first car in the world, back in 2005, to be awarded an environmental certificate by Germany’s influential TÜV institute. The S-Class’s construction, materials, recyclability and class-leading performance all helped the luxury saloon win the landmark award."

S-Class Voted Fleet News Luxury Car of The Year For Fifth Time

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2005
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Driving cars like that you'll either have people instantly like you or instantly hate you. When I first got my C6 Vette when I was 19 you should have seen how many people asked me if I was driving my dad's car at gas stations almost every time I went to fill up. That's when I would whip out the registration.. This one time an old lady in a prius was telling me cars like mine are a slap to mother nature. I said I know, mother nature is my biatch. She stopped talking to me right away LMFAO.

Luckily for me I've had more positive comments on my car than negative. I guess it all depends on where you live man.
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenS7 View Post
Driving cars like that you'll either have people instantly like you or instantly hate you. When I first got my C6 Vette when I was 19 you should have seen how many people asked me if I was driving my dad's car at gas stations almost every time I went to fill up. That's when I would whip out the registration.. This one time an old lady in a prius was telling me cars like mine are a slap to mother nature. I said I know, mother nature is my biatch. She stopped talking to me right away LMFAO.

Luckily for me I've had more positive comments on my car than negative. I guess it all depends on where you live man.
Slap to mother nature?

Another C6 owner told me that he's been getting 28 mpg. Typical GM highway gearing baby.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 2008 E320 BLUETEC
LOL biatch. MUAH HA HA HA Nice article, thanks, asianml.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
What is interesting to me is why anyone would presume to offer their (unsolicited) opinions about your choices. One of my favorite reposts is something I use in my classroom: "you are answering a question I haven't asked." In general, people who criticize the choices of others are masking some insecurity or fear of their own. If they can demean you somehow, they can raise their own self-image. Self-confident and healthy people don't have any interest in the choices others make, just in making sure the ones they make are the very best they can.
Be one with the Benz; live long and prosper.

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."--John Steinbeck
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Ado
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 2007 C280 4MATIC
Just let them keep hating I actually like haters makes me feel good and if you think you're too young to drive a benz you're not I'm only 19!
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv7887 View Post
Hi All,
Thanks for your advice. I had a real irritating conversation with a neighbor yesterday who told me it was "Morally Wrong" to drive two Mercedes when gas prices are so high, and the environment is such a big issue. (I live in Massachusetts, so go figure)

I had a few environmentalist types lecture me on Global Warming and how my choice of car is ruining the environment. Essentially their point is that I am being selfish by not driving a Prius...

I guess it's not Politically Correct to exercise our free will to spend our money as we like anymore. Then again, as long as we earn our own money then who cares?

I'll probably downgrade once my E Class' lease is up. When I got my E I wasn't expecting my dad to pass so suddenly. I had anticipated that I should be saving to buy him another one in a few years!

Thanks for your comments,
Sam
Don't downgrade -buy a Roller and tell'em to stuff it up their jealous noses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in