1997 Mercedes Benz C280 Check Engine Code P0302 cylinder 2 misfire - NEED HELP - - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1999 Mercedes Benz E320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1997 Mercedes Benz C280 Check Engine Code P0302 cylinder 2 misfire - NEED HELP -

Hi guys i need your help badly !!!
I have 1997 Mercedes Benz C280 145K miles with code P0302. car was running fine untill one day on my way back to work it over heated & leak the radiator so i change the radiator & right after that i got check engine light with code P0302 . right now car is running rough gettin hard time to start the engine in morning when engine is cold take about 5 / 7 second to start the engine & than get hard time idling & at one point you think may be engine will shut down but it did not & take 10 to 12 second to hold the power comes to normal RPM. after that its run fine may be 2/3 miles but once engine get warm & engine temp. goes up to between 85 to 90 its start running rough & sound just like you have faulty plug or some thing i know a little bit about the car so what i done after reading this forum is not helping me at all so here i am with my unsloving mystery
I swap the ignition coil pack, spark plug & plug wire from cylinder# 4 still same code P0302 cylinder# 2 misfire & misfire did not move from cylinder# 2. when i look close the spark plug from cylinder # 2 it was kinda wet with green liquid !! appear to me its may be anti freeze & than right away i check all rest of the plugs but all are 100% dry check the engine oil from dip stick & oil look normal no mixing of anti freeze & oil . i just changes that faulty plug but still same problem car is running rough one of my buddy he check the engine compression & he said its not too bad & not the reason of misfire also i open the MAF sensor it was clean no carbon or any thing but even then i clean it. i check the air filter its fine not dirty so i did not change it.
some one have any idea may be whats wrong with my car???
any help advice & suggestion will be highly appreciated !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Well the antifreeze does not sound good. I hate to say head gasket, but it might be. Is there a chance the valve cover gasket is leaking down to the spark plug?
I think Jonathan is in the Atlanta area. You might want to check out Blueridge Mercedes.

Mike
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:03 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2003 Mercedes Benz E500
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
+1...

on the potentially blown head gasket. You can have a test run to see if combustion gasses are getting into the cooling system, which is a positive indicator of a blown head gasket.

"Green liquid" on the spark plug is not a good sign.

Also, you state that you cleaned the MAF, which did you clean it with? If you did not use the specially formulated MAF cleaner, you may have done more harm than good.

JR
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1999 Mercedes Benz E320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Class Owner View Post
on the potentially blown head gasket. You can have a test run to see if combustion gasses are getting into the cooling system, which is a positive indicator of a blown head gasket.

"Green liquid" on the spark plug is not a good sign.

Also, you state that you cleaned the MAF, which did you clean it with? If you did not use the specially formulated MAF cleaner, you may have done more harm than good.

JR
Thanks for your help.
today i will definitely run the test of gasses in cooling system but i have on more question if its head gasket then why anti freeze only in one spark plug ? which is cylinder # 2 which is also misfiring with obd code P0302. i check the all rest of the spark plugs & they all are 100% dry.
I clean MAF with a specially formulated MAF cleaner.
Thanks in advance

1999 Mercedes Benz & E320 & 2000 Mercedes Benz S500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in