New non chick mercedes convertible?? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:36 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
BlkCL500's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: '04 Black CL500, "06 White ML350, '98 Red Boxster
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
at least the people in Bawlmer Merlyn have a sense of humor ;-)

"Roll that beautiful bean footage!"
BlkCL500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Musikmann's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Location: West Virginia, USA
Posts: 17,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pillay View Post
Cornering in a mid engine car like a boxster (or 914 for that matter) has advantages to a rear engine car like a 911. For anyone of you who have 180'ed in a 911, you know what I mean.
I'm one of those Michael, I wiped out in one of my 911s and I think that was after I spent some time on a skidpad in the same car. When those rear ends let loose, you'd better be a good driver.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
Musikmann is offline  
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Musikmann's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Location: West Virginia, USA
Posts: 17,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCL500 View Post
..As far as handling on the boxsters versus the 911. I have driven both of course and while I didn't stretch the 911 I did get the tail out. I can take my boxster thru a 90 degree corner at 30-35 mph and stick to the road. The 911 I drove would have been in the median sideways..
I've never driven a Boxter, but your 90 degree corner at 30-35 is exactly how I went off the road in the 911. Unfortunatly, I didn't travel into a median but off the road to the right and down a hill. The only lucky thing was I stopped on top of a bush before hitting a tree head on. I had a little more respect for that car after that.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
Musikmann is offline  
post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
V12StealthHunter's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: w201,w124,w126
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Alright, i might as well clear all the confusion. Someone here is hopelessly ignorant, and to top that has this "i'm rich and i like to show people i'm naive" arrogance about themselves. You have personally insulted me (with countless remarks, when i have made no such jesture towards you):
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCL500 View Post
You have got to lay off the pipe before posting...
[snip rant about his doctor neighbor]
Crack ruins lives dude.. You should really think of your family.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCL500 View Post
Wow - you must drink alot or something...
Not only have you insulted me, you have insulted everyone else on this forum with your arrogance. You have put a grim face to the modern Mercedes owner. I want you to read very carefully what I have typed here. I shall not talk about this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
What do they say about Boxters again? You only buy one because you can't afford a 911
That remark about the boxster was not intended to be personal. That remark about the boxster is not mine (i guess i should have footnoted it for those who lack in the upper lobes). It's a classic stereotype. It was said by a car journalist in the late 1990s when the boxster was first introduced. And if you don't want to believe me, try google.com. It's sad that the people who drive "tired ass" 190s know more about the cars that the "rich Mercedes and Porsche owners" drive today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCL500 View Post
Yeah well thats tame compared to what they say about people who drive Mercedes 190's ;-)
You only buy one because you can't afford a Mercedes..
Now that remark made about the 190 was clearly intended to be personal because, the so called "people" don't say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCL500 View Post
Im not sure I got your point either.you insult boxster owners yet drive what is considered to be one of the poorest built benzes of all time.....
By the way, I can easily afford a 911 and chose a boxster instead.
What I would never drive , however, Is a tired ass 190e. Even if it was free....
Now was that really necessary? Really? I mean how arrogant do you need to be to say that. You must be what they call "Stupidly rich" <--- that's meant to be personal

The Chinese have a saying (i'm not from China, just to spare you from suddenly becoming racial)
"Ignorance is not your fault, but staying ignorant is"

Could you have at least tried to do some research before you said "poorest built benzes of all time"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCL500 View Post
Oh and sorry about dissing the 190.. I hadnt realized till I stopped into Wikipedia that what my father told me back in the early 90's was wrong.. .The 190 isnt shit.. Mercedes says it was "over engineered" LOL
I'm in the mood for sayings today because I think it's people like you that make philosophers write them. An old southern saying :
"The seed doesn't fall far from the tree" Your father seems to have passed the same haplotype SNP to you. Oh stupid me! I forgot that the "can easily afford a 911 and chose a boxster instead" people are obviously too rich to have brains, (its the gene variant for brain power)

So I might as well save you the embarrassment from saying that again. Lets see what wonderful wikipedia has to say about the 190.....

1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Amongst the items that were a first for Mercedes was the 190's patented 5-link suspension at the rear, used in subsequent E- and C- class models, and developments used today in Mercedes road cars.
2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
It had front and rear anti-roll bars, and anti-dive, anti-squat geometry. The 190 was available with airbags, ABS brakes and seatbelt tensioners, and other advanced safety features.
Now to put this into perspective for our naive friend, the 190 came out in....what 1982?
And it was designed to compete against the BMW E30. Which at the time sported a M-Techtronic aero dynamics system that was like a cube compared the 190's styling. I'm not going to go into the details of the suspension difference in the cars because you would seriously lack the appreciation, but to sum it up, the "far-ahead-of-its-time" suspension used in the 190 was the reason it beat the more powerful M3 in the DTM for years.

Now let me explain the term "Over-Engineered" which you "LOL"ed at. This term is most commonly used to refer to the 190 because the 190 was initial developed for rally (hence the advanced suspension), but to avoid competency against Audi's 4WD system in the 24hr Nurburgring and dirt tracks in the Catalunya Rallys in the mid 80s, If i recall correctly, Walter Rohrl had just switched to the Quattro and Mercedes feared loosing against him with the 2WD 190, Mercedes pulled out. Now at this time Mercedes has spent a fortune on research for this car since Rally was big money at the time, and they expected returns. Eventually deciding to cut their losses, they started over engineering the car to make it road legal for commercial ventures, aka what we know today as the 190E 2.3 and 2.3-16v Cossworth which is a world renowned engine tuning company that designed the DOHC head for the 190 for Mercedes (are you counting the number of times this car has had engineers design it?).

The 190 took 53 DTM wins and eventually the title "German Touring Car Champion", now you see I know that because unlike your father who simply was as naive as you are, my father drove in the Rally, he taught me how to build a car, and to appreciate the Engineering that went into a Mercedes-Benz.

But hey! dont listen to me or my father, we obviously "smoke crack" and we're not half as smart as your family. So listen to this man, Martin Brundle a very famous British Formular 1 Driver, is very frequently quote for saying "The 190 Mercedes-Benz has the best chassis in a passenger car i have ever driven". Formula 1 drivers know what they are talking about.

Now you obviously knew all this, because like your collegue had said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-SV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCL500 View Post
I can easily afford a 911 and chose a boxster instead.
Same here, good use of money.
Your intelligence with the "use of money" must obviously distend to the other parts of your cognition.

Now I can go on and type pages and pages here, but I feel I have made my point clear, unlike your father, mine did not teach me to talk out of my ass. My father always said "Take a second and think about what you are going to say before you say it, this way you avoid the typical human condition of talking nonsense".

I will leave you with this link "The top 10 greatest-ever Mercedes" after all that i have typed here, i hope it does not come to you as a surprise, but when you naively said " poorest built benzes of all time....., You were in fact talking about One of the Greatest Cars Mercedes has ever made in all time
Top 10: greatest-ever Mercedes&#194; -&#194; Top 10 cars | MSN Cars UK

Now the next time you see someone on this website with a w201 in their profile, or a person on the street with a w201,, maybe the paint is starting to peel, and it has rust on it, perhaps it makes rattling sounds when it drives, or that its missing trim, I want you to get the fuk out of your stupid piece of shit you call a Mercedes and show some fuking respect! Because the 190 Mercedes is more of a Mercedes-Benz than you will ever see in your time

Last edited by V12StealthHunter; 05-05-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Removed a bit of the french
V12StealthHunter is offline  
post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:41 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
BlkCL500's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: '04 Black CL500, "06 White ML350, '98 Red Boxster
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ROFL! OK man... Now go take a rest. Your brain must be awfully tired... Almost as tired as your 190e....
But hey, at least you feel better which was the whole point in me going off on you for your original moronic comment about boxsters. Now I feel better too


And just because its someone elses quote doesnt mean you can throw it around with impunity and disregard for others feelings. Im suprised with all your vast intelligence and Mercedes trivia you didnt know that....

Have a great day Overdriver!

"Roll that beautiful bean footage!"
BlkCL500 is offline  
post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
MB-SV's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Location: overlooking Silicon Valley
Posts: 7,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Who started that crap about "they bought a Boxster because they couldn't afford a 190"?.

S.


2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
MB-SV is offline  
post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
sphinxrider's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1987 300SDL
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB-SV View Post
Who started that crap about "they bought a Boxster because they couldn't afford a 190"?.
that exactly what I'd like to know...
sphinxrider is offline  
post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
MB-SV's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2007
Location: overlooking Silicon Valley
Posts: 7,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxrider View Post
that exactly what I'd like to know...
Yeah, like what's the point of this thread lately?

S.


2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
MB-SV is offline  
post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
BlkCL500's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: '04 Black CL500, "06 White ML350, '98 Red Boxster
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since this thread has become somewhat of a hobby for me I am going to gratify you with a response to your ramblings above. I feel like I almost owe it to the 1200+ views this thread has gotten.... So here is my final reponse to you Mr cruiseoverblown..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
Alright, i might as well clear all the confusion. Someone here is hopelessly ignorant, and to top that has this "i'm rich and i like to show people i'm naive" arrogance about themselves. You have personally insulted me (with countless remarks, when i have made no such jesture towards you):
I apoligize. If you look back into this thread you will see that immediately after my innocent question about the stock boxster suspension you came into the thread and crapped all over myself, MB-SV, and anyone else driving a boxster by saying we couldnt "afford a 911" I dont particularly care whether you wrote that quote or not. You chose to own it by posting it. If not then why post it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
Not only have you insulted me, you have insulted everyone else on this forum with your arrogance. You have put a grim face to the modern Mercedes owner.
Sorry pal, I dont claim to speak for all "modern Mercedes owners" nor do I speak for modern boxster owners, lexus owners, etc.. I speak only for myself. I can see where someone who makes statements like

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
What do they say about Boxters again? You only buy one because you can't afford a 911
Would also think that ALL modern Mercedes owners are represented by me.. Seems to work with your logic...
And since we are talking about insulting people what about this?? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
If we are going to get all George Orwell on each other, i'd say a 190E is more of a Mercedes, than a w220, w211, w210, w202, w203, w204 etc...

A car can say many things about a person if you wish to use it to justify criteria.

A Boxster has no argument for itself. It basically means you couldnt afford a 911.
A C-Class says that life really didnt turn out the way you wanted it to.
A w221 basically says you have money.
etc...

Now there is nothing wrong with driving a car that says you have money, or not. A car tends to do that, whether you want it to or not.

There are a lot of things money can buy, that includes 911s.

If you want to show you have money, buy a new S-Class Mercedes, don't tell people you tried your best and could only afford a C-Class or a Boxster.
How many members you think you insulted there? My comments regarding 190's was directed at you personally not at other 190 drivers. In fact, I have nothing against 190's. I just said I did because I knew it would frost you. Amazing someone in Canada could have such thin skin. You must be freezing up there.
Anyhow back to my rebuttal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
Now that remark made about the 190 was clearly intended to be personal because, the so called "people" don't say that.
Yep sure was. I am suprised this is some revelation to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
I'm in the mood for sayings today because I think it's people like you that make philosophers write them. An old southern saying :
"The seed doesn't fall far from the tree" Your father seems to have passed the same haplotype SNP to you. Oh stupid me! I forgot that the "can easily afford a 911 and chose a boxster instead" people are obviously too rich to have brains, (its the gene variant for brain power)
Yup Im a real dumbass.. Your right. But at least I know my quotes. Its the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.. You can check Google.Com if you dont believe me. ROFL!~ And since we are quoting heres one for you

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Oh I didnt write that. Just for your own info...

So anyway - I did read the article at Wikipedia previous to your enlightenment so I wont address your history lesson. I am quite aware of the 190e and its accomplishments. Reality is, I dont care. I neither like nor dislike the 190... I was yanking your chain not the 190's. Your much easier since the benz is inanimate. I have linked the word inanimate if you need the definition. I know how confusing this gets for you sometimes.
SO in closing I will address your closing statement.. Hilarious I might add..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseoveride View Post
Now the next time you see someone on this website with a w201 in their profile, or a person on the street with a w201,, maybe the paint is starting to peel, and it has rust on it, perhaps it makes rattling sounds when it drives, or that its missing trim, I want you to get the fuk out of your stupid piece of shit you call a Mercedes and show some fuking respect! Because the 190 Mercedes is more of a Mercedes-Benz than you will ever see in your time
I will be glad to get out and show some respect for your 190. It just may take me a second to get my zipper down first....

"Roll that beautiful bean footage!"

Last edited by BlkCL500; 05-07-2008 at 09:06 AM. Reason: edited because my dumbass cant spell either...
BlkCL500 is offline  
post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 09:15 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
AZ.Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2008 E320 BLUETEC
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well done!
AZ.Benz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    1958 Convertible Mercedes MnP Vintage Mercedes-Benz 2 04-02-2008 03:21 PM
    Mercedes Stretched Convertible BNZ Off-Topic 2 01-12-2007 12:36 PM
    Mercedes 4-door Convertible? Dawson AMG General Mercedes-Benz 1 12-28-2006 10:57 AM
    Mercedes convertible idu G-Class 1 06-20-2004 01:28 PM
    Mercedes E220 Convertible Donkammy W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 1 04-15-2004 05:43 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome