LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 03:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: w201,w124,w126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Camsky View Post
yeah but don't forget the blown light bulbs every few months, problems with instrument cluster pixels and light bulbs behind it, transmission module leaking hydraulic fluid, catalytic convertor needing replacement, A/C fan problems, o2 sensor going every 2 years, etc. etc. C'mon guys, u gotta draw the line at some point..
Is your c-class that bad?
I have never had to open the hood on my car.
If i take it in to the workshop, its for an oil change, at most.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2003
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As long as I can flog the thing all day long without a hiccup, experience crisp, firm, immediate shifting when I want it, solid communicative steering feedback, excellent high-speed stability, decent fuel economy with all things considered...And the condition presents itself well for a 20 + year old vehicle: I'll be sound as a pound.

No other cars will put up with the abuse I unleash on my own. And the funny part about it is, they seem to run all the better for it!
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1996 S320 (Kuro) 1998 S600 (Weiss)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via MSN to Haku
Originally Posted by Camsky View Post
just saying all this obsessive compulsive stuff with the whole idea that everything in your car has to work 100% right at all times, is over-rated. nothing is 100% especially in a used mercedes in which every part has been way over-designed

Why stop at your car? Why not let a few light bulbs in your house blow, curtains fall off the rail - I mean who cares right? As long as you can see your way around the place most of the time and the curtains stop the light from coming in?

Why stop there?

Who needs to shower every day when realistically the amount of bacteria accumulated over a day is not enough to kill us - if anything it would actually improve the strength of our immune systems.

Personally, keeping my car serviced and everything at peak operating condition is about satisfaction with my surroundings and what represents me as a person - having half my instrument cluster dark is about as appealing as a wearing a shirt with the pocket hanging half off.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes C32 AMG-(19'inch Mandrus Millenium wheels),1998 Infinity I30
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While I could careless what negative feedback someone could give about my car. I will say that I enjoy the compliments on how a car with 90k on it drives better, and is more quiet than half the stuff that rolls out of the factory brand new. I also get complimented on how well I take care/maintain the car. I still believe these cars display their owners character. Hope I'm not alone in confessing I talk to it at least 4 times a week.

Ladies! My Mercedes! Holds 3 in the back, 2 if ya fat.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: