#1 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
R107 Euro headlights wiring diagram

I just bought a 1989 560SL. I am putting in Euro headlight. I know this has been discussed in this forum many times, but can someone who is an expert on this help me out and make my life easier by sending me (flaw@telus.net) the wiring changes needed. I understand that I have to convert from a 4 hole adaptor to a 6 hole adaptor, but I would appreciate if someone in the know can e mail me the pin location and placement in the new 6 hole adaptor. Also, i would like to know the pin placement needed so that I can achieve a "real" Euro look by having the side markers functioning as a turn indicator only. When I switch on the parking lights position on my light switch, I would like ONLY the city lights to be on.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 07:17 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 1997 Mercedes Benz E420
If you have trouble getting...

the diagram, the actual change over should not be all that difficult. I swapped out the dreadful US setup on my W124, 400E, and all that is really needed is a good test light, a multimeter and a friend to run the rotary and directional switches through their stages. For the W107 it cannot be all that different.

I purchased the proper connector housings for the Euro lights, removed the original plug casings leaving the soldered on connectors exposed, and using a test light, made a chart of which connectors went "hot" as the various switch functions were activated.

You can trace the leads inside of the lamp assembly housing and match things up pretty quickly. Insert the connector pins in the appropriate holes and you are good to go.

I had a source for the plug/connector housings, and that helped a great deal.

Good luck,

JR
#3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 10:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
You can probably figure it out just knowing the following (which applies to all German cars):

yellow wire is low beam headlight
white wire is high beam headlight
brown wire is ground
gray (plus stripe maybe) wire is park light.

That is, put the female pin on the wiring harness wire that's yellow into the new socket so that it aligns with the male plug yellow wire that you can surely see inside the headlight unit. Etc.

You're just going to have to split the harness for the turnsignal/park units so you can route the park light to the plug location that corresponds with the wire coming from the city light in the headlight unit.

Once you've got one side correct, you've got the "diagram" for the other side.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI
#4 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Try this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eurohl.jpg
Views:	2072
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	170321  
#5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 11:01 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2013
Vehicle: 1970 280 SL, 1985 380 SL
I have put euro headlights on my US 1985 380SL. They have 55 watt single filament HID bulbs. I would like to change the bulbs to dual filament H4 55/100 bulbs to have hi and low beams. I'm wondering if the 100 watt filament will draw too much for the OEM wiring. Anyone with experience doing this?

Some people make dust...The rest eat dust.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz