LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Delivery delay C-Class 2008

I Ordered my Fully loaded C300RWD back in September 2007 at Mercedes-Benz Downtown Toronto (Dundas) and I am still waiting for the car to arrive and we are now the 28 March 2008 - Over 6 long long months .

They promise an initial delivery date in early January 2008 but then it was February, then finally they mentionned to me that the car was manufactured and that it will be here in March.. Now we are almost APRIL and still no car!!!!

After following up with them about a week and a half ago they mentionned to me that the car was finally in Halifax. Checked again with them today,since the car was still not in, to only find out that the car was MAYBE in Halifax but they didn't know if it is still on the boat or at customs. Apparently their current system cannot give them an expected date or exact location?

Some Sales Manager dude from MB downtown called me to today apologize, saying that the boat propeller was broken and that the Boat had to go back to the UK and so their arrival date on the system was not correct (was expected on the 19th March). He is saying that it will be here in April, BUT HE WON'T COMMIT.

Anyone had the same problem with MB Toronto Downtown?? Apparently the waiting list is the crazy insane, with lots of fustrated customer. Anyone wants to share their experience... ok Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 04:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Ordered ours in Nov 07 MB Mississauga. Promised for end of April now. Note: I started a similar thread in the W204 forum.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 04:58 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Vehicle: IS 300
hello,

Well after reading a lot of info on this forum i went to my local MB dealership in Kitchener, there they are saying 3 months wait, is that a load of BS then, bc i don't want to order and then keep waiting and waiting?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 11:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2002 Mercedes C32 AMG-(19'inch Mandrus Millenium wheels),1998 Infinity I30
Not that I don't simpathize really, but I wish I had this problem. I need to go thru the brand new experience sometime myself.

Ladies! My Mercedes! Holds 3 in the back, 2 if ya fat.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 02:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdmd View Post
hello,

Well after reading a lot of info on this forum i went to my local MB dealership in Kitchener, there they are saying 3 months wait, is that a load of BS then, bc i don't want to order and then keep waiting and waiting?
I think that's just BS. Ask for the build date. (and have it signed with the salesman's blood ...ha, ha, ha)

Last edited by MY2008ML350; 03-29-2008 at 02:15 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 02:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adullessence View Post
Not that I don't simpathize really, but I wish I had this problem. I need to go thru the brand new experience sometime myself.
Eh....look at it this way...if you never go through it, you will have never had to go through the pain of knowing that your brand new posession just lost 40% of it's value because you took it home

No but all jokes aside....it is something everyone should enjoy once. Not to sound corny...but it's neat to have a car that smells like a German Luxury Automobile Assembly factory, not some middle aged house wife's kids puke LOL

And, the original topic sucks...but your only in Toronto, fly down to US....nice drive home, because at least here in California in Sept your worst problem was what color C300 to drive home. I am envious about the FULLY LOADED part. Neither of mine have BT modules....still trying to convince the company I "need" it though and let them pick up the $1300 tab for each car
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow / 2011 Jaguar XJ
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Of course, I don't know all the details - but aren't there a bunch of C300's on the dealer's lots? When I went to MB Mississauga a couple of weeks ago they had to have a half-dozen there. Now the C350 was an entirely different story. That being said, MB-Cda has to be delighted to have this sort of 'problem', that is, too many orders and not enough cars.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 12:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: see signature
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Tee
Get the PO number or VIN off the dealer and track it yourself on the Wallenius-Wilhelmsen website. That will tell you for sure if it's in Halifax or not.

2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200 5 speed
2006 smart BRABUS Tailor Made Canada 1 cdi cabriolet
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 5 speed, for the kids
1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection, restoration underway
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 12:30 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 2008 C300 - Sport
Send a message via AIM to robfranny10
That truly is unbelievable.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
Arrow

Thank you everyone for posting to this discussion. I have checked the Wallenius-Wilhelmsen website as suggested by Mike Tee (with thanks!) with the VIN and the car is in Halifax. But still we are 31 March 2008 today and the Order was sent in September 07! That would make 6.5 months! 3 seasons? That would make Vivaldi's Four Seasons shady!

I got a call from the Sales Manager again today, (yeah the same one that called me before) informing me that the car was somewhere on Truck between Halifax and Toronto, but they don't have GPS system on Truck to keep track where it was. He is saying that it should be here anytime soon. Hope this time they don't have some sort of "Propeller" on truck.

I'm planning to file a complaint to Mercedes Benz Canada... for broken Promises.. I don't want to get in politics but was it not the campaign against Dalton McGuinty last year? Yet it seems we have some broken promises problem in Ontario... Even with Mercedes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in