Cluster problem - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
mike69's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes - Benz E300 TD Avantgarde
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cluster problem

Please can somebody help me how to remove cluster and exchange lamp (or diode) for clock? There is some problem and clock is not lighting so bright as it should be (you can see it on the picture). Thanx.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cluster.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	167216  
mike69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 01:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
This one is a traditional cluster that is pulled out, preferably with cluster removal hooks. One at each side.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 07:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Check Codes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Location: John 15:18-19
Posts: 31,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike69 View Post
Please can somebody help me how to remove cluster and exchange lamp (or diode) for clock? There is some problem and clock is not lighting so bright as it should be (you can see it on the picture). Thanx.
Hi, Mike, welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to complete your BW online profile re: vehicle and location as that can be very useful information. (For example you might be close to a member who has the nice little tools and could help you with this...).

Also, that looks like the pre-facelift W210, so come join us in the W210 forum for more detailed and specific information. Scroll down into the sedans section, then you'll see W210. And there is are DIY and Tips stickies discussing cluster removal, pixel issues, etc...as well as many other things common to the W210.

That said, my clock did that and it needed a bulb. To save time I bought a slew of them from autohausaz.com and just changed all of them. 210 and 208 clusters have been problematic and I didn't want to increase the odds of that by pulling it too often.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. (Winston Churchill)
Check Codes is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
mike69's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes - Benz E300 TD Avantgarde
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
This one is a traditional cluster that is pulled out, preferably with cluster removal hooks. One at each side.
Thank you very much, I will try.
mike69 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
mike69's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: Mercedes - Benz E300 TD Avantgarde
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post
Hi, Mike, welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to complete your BW online profile re: vehicle and location as that can be very useful information. (For example you might be close to a member who has the nice little tools and could help you with this...).

Also, that looks like the pre-facelift W210, so come join us in the W210 forum for more detailed and specific information. Scroll down into the sedans section, then you'll see W210. And there is are DIY and Tips stickies discussing cluster removal, pixel issues, etc...as well as many other things common to the W210.

That said, my clock did that and it needed a bulb. To save time I bought a slew of them from autohausaz.com and just changed all of them. 210 and 208 clusters have been problematic and I didn't want to increase the odds of that by pulling it too often.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Greg, thanx a lot.
I will complete my profile during weekend because now I am so busy.
Probably no member is close to me, I am from east Europe ...
But anyway I will update my profile.
I will look for W210 forum and for my problem.

Greg, once again, THANK YOU, you are cool.
mike69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    cluster problem coolkid R129 SL-Class 5 05-04-2006 09:07 PM
    Anyone had this problem with their dash cluster? bnzcoupe C208/A208 CLK-Class 9 02-06-2006 09:43 PM
    Cluster Problem MBGary W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 2 10-25-2005 08:02 PM
    Gauge cluster problem SLeeper R129 SL-Class 5 05-03-2005 03:17 AM
    Lights in cluster problem, Help ! ghost W140 S-Class 4 03-24-2005 02:48 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome