Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

European Delivery

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  E1429 
#1 ·
On MBUSA European Delivery site there are links to Hotels. Can you design your own add on trip using these Hotels? Also how is the trip cost billed? Any info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
I'm surprised no one has answered you. I have seen several threads about this program in the past, and I know several of the members here have done this. Why don't you try the search function using "european delivery" and see what turns up?

#3 ·
The Mercedes trip plan is paid in advance when buying the car. The factory doesn't handle the money related to car or trip purchase. The hotels listed by MB are luxury-class hotels and are expensive. Unless you have money to burn, you can save a lot by making your own reservations online and paying for them in advance. You also have a much wider range of places to stay if you choose your own route and your lodging. In any event, be sure to choose the navigation feature. MB will loan you a nav disk for Europe which you turn in when you leave.

#4 · (Edited)
ED Hotels

As experienced European travellers, we seriously considered the 'roll-your-own' option for our trip this summer (2008) to pick up the new C300.

After comparing the Euro/Dollar conversion rates on some nice hotels (I get to drive fast, she wants to sleep in nice accommodations, fair trade!), we decided the MB plan was reasonable -- the daily rate works out to $325, or EU 205 at the rate on 31 March, 2008, which includes dinner.

I knew we wanted to drop the car in Munich, and as we only had a week, decided to focus on the German Black Forest/Austrian Tyrol region. My wife doesn't want to spent all day every day in the car, so we settled on a route using MB's BFA rally hotels, staying 2 nights in 2 locations, one night in the third. The MB hotels have good reviews, and tend to be 5 star rate luxury properties. The cost is $1300 for five nights (including the free night you get as part of the ED package), which you pay to the dealer. Only 6 of the hotels on the ED program participate in the BFA package:

Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, Stuttgart
Schosshotel Buhlerhohe, Baden-Baden
Parkhotel Adler, Hinterzarten
Interalpen Hotel, Telfs, Austria
Hotel Zur Tenne, Kitzbuhel, Austria
Hotel Bayerische Hof, Munich

The Adler, Interalpen, and Zur Tenne include dinner and breakfast for one or two for the same price, the others only breakfast.

We pick up in Sindelfingen on 30 June, drive to Hinterzarten in the Black Forest. We spent Christmas near there (Titisee) 30 years ago, want to do some hiking in the summer.
After 2 nights, we drive to Telfs, Austria. We're still planning that day, but we plan to see Mainau Island on the Bodensee, Lindau, Bregenz, and the Arlberg Pass -- depends on the weather.
We'll have 2 nights in Telfs, then a quick trip to Kitzbuhel for one night.
On Saturday, 5 July, we'll drop the car in Munich. We been emailing with the shipping agent, and they have an arrangement where we can drop the car keys at the Bayerische Hof hotel with the concierge, and say, 'ship it'. They'll collect it on Monday and we'll see it in six or eight weeks. Hopefully!

We're staying with family in Munich, so we won't be at the BH, which is supposed to be quite nice.

We'll post an update when we get back. If anyone has any knowledge of the areas we're traversing, I'd love to hear it!

#7 ·
ED 2008 Update

I've written an article for the Greater Washington Section of the MB Club of America, which has been posted at:
Tom Foss' 2008 European Delivery Update

I have to say the trip was well worth it -- I can't understand why everyone doesn't do the ED thing! There was a gentleman in our tour group who was on his 10th ED pickup.

With respect to emeSAP43's question about Canadian ED Lease or Purchase options, I can't respond, as I'm not Canadian! The MB Canada site for ED
Mercedes-Benz Canada refers you back to your dealer.

Any Canadians with first hand knowledge?

#9 ·
I think if you're planning on purchasing or leasing,ED is the only way to go ! You don't have to use the trips that MB offers and can easily plan your own based on where you want to drop your car off.Even then you can continue on your journey by rail or plane after dropping your car.The savings,one free hotel night and no destination charge makes the program very attractive.If you join MBCA and have been a member for 12 months prior to your purchase/lease you should be eligible for a gift card valued up to 1500 toward parts,service,personal or vehicle services at any MB dealer in the US.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.