my Benz a lemon? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverC230KSS View Post
im not jumping brands just because of the defect in the vehicle. im leaving the mercedes name also because of the service and overall rudeness starting with the service writer who made comments accusing me of damaging the vehicle and trying to bring it in under warranty. he also tried saying i didn't have any warranty coverage at all and the car had been in on numerous occasions prior (i was actually bringing it in on a warranty issue which was not completed the week before because the parts were not in stock). this just left a bad impression on me and id rather not return to MB.
The service writer has nothing to do with Mercedes. They are employed by the dealer. Again, not a reason to jump ship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 02:29 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
i understand i did have use of the car but i was making payment on a car valued at a certain price. the car stickerd for close to 25k when in actuality was probably worth a lot less then that. i feel i should be atleast entitled to a portion of my monthly payments back. im just taking the loss and will probably steer clear of owning another Benz.
Right, you should get half back. You seem to be giving up. You come here for advice and don't take any of it.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
(Thread Starter)
that response to the monthly payments was to deanyel's post saying that the payments ive made would be seen in favor of the dealership. i still feel entitled to atleast a portion of it back. as for the service writer, it just started with him. the next few people i spoke with were equaly smug.

on a side note, if you try a chain restaurant for the first time and the service was horrible and you found a pubic hair in your meal, will you ever go back there? and if you did go back, wouldn't you think about that pubic hair again?
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 03:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2004
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
I don't disagree that you should pay less than $2k, previously suggested you negotiate. The market value of the use of the car should be more in line with a lease payment, rather than an installment loan payment, and a lease payment on what both parties now know was a defective car, plus you had to spend time dealing with the problems, etc. Make the best argument you can, but if they don't go for it your legal remedies aren't real attractive, unless you thought small claims court looked like fun.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
that response to the monthly payments was to deanyel's post saying that the payments ive made would be seen in favor of the dealership. i still feel entitled to atleast a portion of it back. as for the service writer, it just started with him. the next few people i spoke with were equaly smug.

on a side note, if you try a chain restaurant for the first time and the service was horrible and you found a pubic hair in your meal, will you ever go back there? and if you did go back, wouldn't you think about that pubic hair again?
Right, but, the restaurant didn't grow or supply the food they are selling. Sysco did. That would be like blaming Sysco for a hair in your meal at a restaurant, where Sysco is Mercedes and the restaurant is the dealer.

See how that doesn't make any sense. You are blaming Mercedes for the dealers actions. Not right. The dealer is one who needs to take the blame on this one, just as the restaurant would on the above analogy.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 07:25 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Cool 2 cents from the penut gallary;

A soon as you call a lawyer, only the lawyerS will win.

As has been stated, the dealer messed up and is trying to correct the mistake as cheaply as posible.
What I would do is go back and look over the lot for that E55 or S that says
' Silver,,,, Buy me! ' then deal with them to get the car I really wanted in the first place.

Frankly if it were a honda or a ford, you would just be screwed. I think it amazing that MB copped to the error and tried to fix it.

Silver,, go back and get the car you WANT, you have them on the ropes, go for the knock out! Come out of this wiser and with the car you want.
Do not make a lawyers boat payment and end up in a Hundi.
Just 2 cents worth
B

The finest example of automobile engineering in the world
Floats like a CADI
Stings like a BMR
Stingy as a Prius
and.... all Mercedes Benz.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
No repair, money back is best way to go.

This occasionally happens to the best of CPO cars, the key is how the dealer addresses the situation by doing the right thing. For example, I know of somebody that bought a CPO Porsche GT2, but after discovering a cracked head and finding out that car had been a wreck requiring over $40K in repairs, the car was bought back from the buyer.

Again CPO makes sense when buying used not just because late model MB's are less than reliable, but also because of rare situations like this one.

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 1999 E320 4 matic wagon
Quote:
im not jumping brands just because of the defect in the vehicle. im leaving the mercedes name also because of the service and overall rudeness starting with the service writer who made comments accusing me of damaging the vehicle and trying to bring it in under warranty. he also tried saying i didn't have any warranty coverage at all and the car had been in on numerous occasions prior (i was actually bringing it in on a warranty issue which was not completed the week before because the parts were not in stock). this just left a bad impression on me and id rather not return to MB.
I take it you have never owned a BMW before, "Broke my wallet" I think the problem is the people you are dealing with and not the vehicle. it was a incompetent person that inspected the car, it was a rude tech that accused you of damaging the vehicle. do not say another word to the dealer you purchased it from. talk to the regional rep and make arragements to have the vehicle taken and inspected at another independant dealership. Then start making the decisions as to what the end result is going to be.
From a dealer stand point you are a first time buyer and not a very good one because the car you are so mad about being ripped off and paying 25k for you never even bothered to stick your head underneath it and take a look at the car. body work to that extreme is not easy to hide.
and on top of it you drove it for a couple of months and now you don't want to pay for that either, should the dealer compensate you for gas as well? if the body is that twisted you probably were not getting 25-30 mpg like you should be.
It is an unfortunate incident, on both parts, I hope you have learned a leson in purchasing a "new to you vehicle". you are as much at fault as the dealer. take what you can get and be happy with it. After all it was the DEALER that told you the car was in an accident, not your own discovery, They could have just put on a thicker gasket!
Want to buy a used bmw?

"Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life."
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Which California dealer is this? We should be enabled to watch out for similar mistakes, should one occur.

It sounds to me like you called a lawyer, got some straight, friendly advice and have a course of action to follow.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Lawyers rarely give straight, friendly advice

(although my cousin is an exception)

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in