post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 1987 190E 2.3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Anyone good at identifying factory wheels?/lug size

Hey all, I'm the new guy. Just got my first MB, a 1987 190E 2.3 Loving it so far, though it's been a bit quirky. Though there are other problems, my first and most important/dangerous problem is that the previous owner had installed Elite wheels made to fit a Porsche (20mm offset). They rub on the 1/4 panels, and occasionally the fenders. He had installed rear spring helpers to avoid them hitting, but it doesn't work, and they won't pass inspection, obviously.

I just bought a set of factory Mercedes wheels, and I know they will bolt on, and I think they will function properly. Problem is, my existing lugs are too short. It appears I need some with about a 40mm thread length. I'm not sure if they are 12 or 14mm however, or if there is a specific MB bolt required for the wheels I have that would prevent me from using any old chrome lug. There is a pic of the type wheels I have on an ended ebay auction. It's # is 230226612718. The number stamped in the back of the wheel is A 210 401 06 02. There is also a stamping of ET41, Ronal, and 7 1/2 J x 16 H2.

If anyone can identify these wheels origins, and tell me what lugs I will need, and verify they will fit the car with no problems, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!

Thanks, Chris
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 05:44 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1998 E320 Wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Those are MB wheels which were stock on 1998 E320. I'm not sure if they were used on 1997 or 1999+.

You can get wheel lugs at a dealer, junkyard (not my recommendation) or Rad USA.

Note: Dealer usually has the short lug which extends the right length but is buried in the hole in the wheel. You may want the 'extended' ones with the chrome cap. Lug head is flush with wheel so it looks nicer.

The correct lugs will have a cone or spherical shoulder which will match the seat in the wheel and extend about 40mm out the back of the wheel.

Hope that helps some.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: