Greetings Benzworld and fellow Benzers!
I am so happy to have found this site and hope that I will be able to interact with you all and fully immerse myself into my C280. I do need help though. Badly. My C280 has the following problems that I would like to resolve myself rather than pay an enormous amount of money.
1. My windshield wiper (single arm) does not work. When you turn the switch, you can hear the motor running but the arm does not move. If you push the arm up, the arm gives one swipe and then stays stuck on the other side of the mirror. How can I fix this problem? I was told that the cover plate needs to be removed to re-grease some linkage thingamijig. Please help as I am not able to drive when it is raining.
2. My vehicle does not have a remote for the door locks, but when you unlock the driver door, the other locks can also be locked or unlocked. All of a sudden, both my passenger and driver locks do not work. When I insert the key and turn, nothing happens. Doors do not unlock. I have to unlock the trunk so that the rear doors and passenger door lock automatically opens, but th driver side still does not and must be pulled manually. Very annoying. Please, please help. Any advice greatly appreciated.
3. Passenger sideview mirror came off. i tried to re-install it but it still wiggles when I am driving. How do i get the mirror back into place with so little (none) room for my fingers to adjust the inner part of the console? Do I need to gluethe mirror back or should it just be able to latch on to the grooves?
4. When i turn on the car, there is a buzzing sound in the trunk. I am not sure if it is the antenna motot that is struggling, but the sound stays on for quite a while while driving. Sometimes intermittent.
5. When I bought the car, the previous owner informed me of this rust problem at the corner of the sunroof outside. he said that he had it repaired but the same problem came back even after body work. Well, now I have inherited this little rust spot that is now bubbling and growing. I am thinking of putting it as a dependent on my income taxes. Any suggestions from anyone? Please?
6. Lastly, the interior cediling cover is slowly coming down. So far, to replace it will cost me between $150-$200, maybe less if I go witha fabric that is "similar" to what I have but not an exact match
. It doesn;t seem like it's a job I can do, but any suggestions on the best place to order? i am in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I love my C280 because it drives very well and is good on gas. I am hoping to maintain it and enjoy it while making some upgrades and moifications every now and then. Someone stole my two mini front lights.
I wasn;t too happy about that, so I will be replacing that soon. Now, let me go continue browsing my new world....I love the site already!