LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 07:03 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
(quote) Its like a Porsche being built in China when on their fukkin emblem it says STUTTGART. if Mercedes starts building benzes abroad and not in Germany, the they should change their name, cause a Mercedes by definition is a German auto built in Germany. period. damn stupid kids get it through your stupid heads

Well get this in you friggin head MR, Benz build Mercedes in many countries besides Germany/America and have been doing so for years. They are now making the C and E class in China.They have been outsourcing parts for donkies years, you may well find your ABS unit made in the Phillipines and your wiring made in Tailand. Ive worked with MB and BMW for the last 28 years and I do know how they are built.

I have lived and worked in China for the last 14 years and I know the Chinese are some of the hardest workers in the world. Now they have the technology and are fast on the heels of the Japanese who also build some of the worlds best engines (just look at Formula 1) and you will see.

Now all parts built for MB by other companies must meet the stringent standards set by the German engineers, so what if it does say made in china, at least MB are being honest.

So stop being a bloody racist and open your mind to this century and its current challenges that the car industry faces and try to understand that the whole luxury car industry faces the same challenges.
Correct. They also manufacture parts and assemble the C, E and S class in Malaysia now.
They also used to assemble the C and E class in the Philippines but the plant closed down.

Last edited by danlim; 02-23-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 07:50 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 S500 4MATIC
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the question View Post
You cant say that a Chinese or black person works as punctually, or works as carefully and dedicated as a German workers. THAT IS JUST STUPID.
You are being both stupid AND racist. German products are not especially high quality in general. VW/Audi cars are known for reliability problems and so are Mercedes from the Diamler/Chrysler era. When the Japanese started making cars, everyone laughed and made the same sort of racist comments. Nobody is laughing now and nobody will be laughing when most of the world's manufacturing--including high end, high-quality products--is done in China, India, and eventually even Africa.

"Mercedes: Expensive and Built to Stay That Way"
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 06:23 AM
the question

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
hahahahahahah

yeh nothng beats chinese quality. they are so good at making quality stuff i went to a 99cent chinese store and bought some tools that lasted for 10 minutes. very good quality. if i definitly wanted a reliable weapon that doesnt jam i sure would risk my life by buying excellent chinese guns too, they are so reliable that in the heat of battle after you fire the first shot you'll be lucky you can fire again, that critical mistake can cause a casualty on the battlefield. tons of countries must be lining up to purchase counterfeit chinese small arms. if i were in battle i surely would pick the reliable generic chinese firearm over the very bad quality HK weapons lineup. nothing beats chinese goods in quality. they make perfect reliable, excellent products. did you also know that a chinese 99cent watch lasts 100 time longer than a Swiss Omega watch? did you know that a Chinese FungZheng automobile is more reliable and faster than any Mercedes on the Nurburgring?

HAHAHA YEAH RIGHT. STOP SUPPORTING THE DAMN COMMUNISTS
post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
hahahahahahah

yeh nothng beats chinese quality. they are so good at making quality stuff i went to a 99cent chinese store and bought some tools that lasted for 10 minutes. very good quality. if i definitly wanted a reliable weapon that doesnt jam i sure would risk my life by buying excellent chinese guns too, they are so reliable that in the heat of battle after you fire the first shot you'll be lucky you can fire again, that critical mistake can cause a casualty on the battlefield. tons of countries must be lining up to purchase counterfeit chinese small arms. if i were in battle i surely would pick the reliable generic chinese firearm over the very bad quality HK weapons lineup. nothing beats chinese goods in quality. they make perfect reliable, excellent products. did you also know that a chinese 99cent watch lasts 100 time longer than a Swiss Omega watch? did you know that a Chinese FungZheng automobile is more reliable and faster than any Mercedes on the Nurburgring?

When America got their ass kiked in Vietnam was that because of poor quality weapons? Open your mind man, there are pros and cons to all situations.

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
hahahahahahah

If you buy something from a 99cents store then what do you expect?

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
If it said "Made in Japan", that would be more confidence-inspiring.

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nothing new here, a few years ago, I bought a MB Cd changer @ a MB dealer, go home, open the box to check everything before I install it, "Made in China" is on the MB MC3198 (model #). I called the MB dealer, they said CD changer are made everywhere : Germany, China, Japan, Poland....to MB quality, don't worry, it has ONE YEAR WARRANTY, if within a year, anything wrong, they will exchange for another one. 6 years passed, there is NOT any problems. Bosch's wiper from Germany : it's tought to find one wiper made by Karl now a day (my mechanic said that ALL MB wiper motor are Made in China for a long time ago). Global market, it's USA made concept ????
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 1998 Black SLK230 Kompressor
Send a message via AIM to sightless Send a message via MSN to sightless
Oh come on Chinese people are great workers and many are very educated these days... Its up to the companies that PRODUCE the products to verify quality control dumb asses.
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 03:22 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
At the end of the day,its' the QUALITY of the parts and overall design we're buying,not it's historical homeland. The transmission in my 2008 e350 was built by the Canadian-owned firm "Steyr" in Austria.Is this transmission satisfactory? Absolutely. It's all about engineering the best parts possible for the price the consumer is willing to pay or expects to enjoy in quality ownership.It is the quality-control that defines, to some extent, the end product.So we need brilliant engineering PLUS quality-control to ensure the end-product delivers. If you get both,great.If you get one OR the other...hello compromise.
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Note: largest selection of Chinese merchandise can be found at Walmart.

S.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in