post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 1997 mercedes c280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Worst day ever!

So my car is currently in a neighborhood just chillen bc i messed something up when replacing my waterpump. Well get this...So i go back today to try and figure whats wrong and how im going to get it back my house. I drive to the street where its parked and apparently my poor baby was involved in a hit and run while i was gone. My driver side front corner was plowed supposedly when a car backed out of the drive way across the street. I came to knowlege from a note left on my car by a neighbor a few houses down. I talked to woman and she told me the guy got out of car to see the damage then got right back in the car and bolted. I was so upset i spent the first few mins crying and the next cussing like a sailor. I was to pissed off to take a picture but ill be back at the scene tomorrow so ill show you guys then.
You know i would never be such a slime ball and hit someones car a just take off! Im even more pissed off the lady that witnessed it didnt take down a plate number wtf is wrong with people? I was thinking what was the point of you writing the note if u didnt even get a plate number? no decription of the car either...all i have is white suv. Have any of you guys ever had a similar day?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Taking the plate number suppose to be always the first thing.
Years ago my wife was rear-ended at the red light by dump truck with bad brakes. Her car was badly damaged, but still drivable. They guy told her to move the car on the other side of intersection and when she did, he made illegal turn and was gone.
For some time we've been checking area for trucks with scratches on front bumper (had good impression of bumper bolt on our cover) but to no results.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Having a witness suppose to make it easier with insurance.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Certainly file a police report and get the witness' statement about the white SUV in there. Depending on how hard the police want to work, they may talk to the folks in the house where the SUV was and find out who it was.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: