Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan. View Post
Dear Peter,
Now THIS was what I have been looking for. Thank you so much for your kind attention.

best regards,

Dan
That is simply an older and less complete version of the EPC Online you were initially directed to. There are subtle differences between them, but all dealers now use the superior EPC system, which exists as a WIS component, rather than the older CD-ROM version you once saw. BTW, the Russian site does not include parts listings for U.S. versions.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2002
Vehicle: 92 500SEL to 01 E320T and others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
That is simply an older and less complete version of the EPC Online you were initially directed to. There are subtle differences between them, but all dealers now use the superior EPC system, which exists as a WIS component, rather than the older CD-ROM version you once saw. BTW, the Russian site does not include parts listings for U.S. versions.
I am not so shure about that, but you are the parts guy, it does reference "US" version and other world wide versions. I would take a look at it again, The russian site is not perfect but pretty good!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
I must be missing something then. I can find no reference to 300SD, either 116.120 or 126.120 (neither of which were made available in Europe, though both were quite popular in the U.S.), nor can I find U.S. bumpers for a 380SL (107.045), only the small European bumpers. There are loads of U.S.-only applications/parts, those are just a couple of obvious examples I had always noticed on the Russian site.

In any case, you're right -- the Russian site is pretty good, but the EPC Online is really much better. Subscription is free, BTW.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
How is it you KNOW the dealer's computer is not connected to the Internet?

My VIN is used when I access my subsription to EPC. For example, I never see any body part or upholstery colors other than mine.

NOBODY can provide you a CD of this information--any why would you want something that can become obsolete tomorrow anyway? LOTS and LOTS of part numbers are changed all the time because of improvements, etc.
Because the techician in charge of the parts department told me the program was installed into the computer and not connected to the internet.

Anyway, I already have the link and I don't want the cd anymore so it's a moot point to discuss about the cd rom.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
What is a WIS component? I crossed referenced some of my existing parts against detali.com and it's very consistent.

Guys, I'm not a mechanic or an MB merchant or anything. I'm just an average guy with a European Benz that I meticulously maintain. Only reason I want access to the part numbers is so that I can just order damaged parts from my supplier without the need to bring my car to his shop or for him to see the part in particular.

So far this site is great.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2004
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan. View Post
Because the techician in charge of the parts department told me the program was installed into the computer and not connected to the internet.
This is doubtful. In any case if he knows what it is why not ask him? Nothing is a moot point around here once you've aroused our curiosity.

Last edited by deanyel; 02-20-2008 at 07:56 AM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyel View Post
This is doubtful. In any case if he knows what it is why not ask him? Nothing is a moot point around here once you've aroused our curiosity.

I did ask him. He could not give me an answer to my satisfaction, that's why I'm here asking the experts.

At least I found my answer here.

@Peter Gunther, thanks for the info Bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in