Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes Benz E350 4 matic
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks BLK. I haven't picked the car up yet as it's going through the MB certification process and won't be available until Wednesday. Since the car has been sitting on the lot since Sat afternoon without being moved, I'm going to go down bright and early Monday morning to have them start it up after it's been sitting for two days. If there isn't any smoke at startup, I'll be more confident everything is OK. If there is smoke after two days, my feeling is I should walk away from the car and wait for them to find me another late model E350 off auction (but I do really like the panoramic roof and electric trunk on the one I bought). Silly options perhaps, but not often found for the price I'm paying.
Deanyel, your suggestion about video taping is a good one, but I haven't actually taken delivery yet and am only in for a $3000 deposit at this point.
Last edited by Allengvol; 02-17-2008 at 10:46 AM.