Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Lowenhart wheels

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dougx310 
#1 ·
Starting a thread to discuss Lowenhart wheels in general since information about them is almost impossible to find on the web.

I have a set of Lowenhart BR5 20" staggerred wheels form my SL500. I very much like the looks of them but the inner-barrels are in bad shape and I would like to replace them.

Other than finding BR5 wheels to substitute it appears to me that several other Lowenhart wheels will have interchangeable inner-barrels and/or lips.

Can anyone provide definitive information as to what the specs are on the various Lowenhart wheels or other useful information about compatible Lowenhart pieces and parts?

It may be that Mayas and Racing Harts will have matching parts also since it is my understanding that the come from the same manufacturer.

Does anyone know a phone number, web address or email address to a location that may help provide this info.

I attached a picture of a the inside of a Lowenhart LDR wheels. You can see that the rivets are equally spaced around the entire seam. This would suggest that this was intended for them to be somewhat universal. Is this true?

Still to figure out is if a BR5 has the same ratio of Lip to inner-barrel as an LDR or other lowenhart wheel. In other words, does a 9" BR5 have the same inner-barrel as a 9" LDR? I know some have less lips than others so this would complicate things.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.