Any M-B Sales Consultants here? if so ELITE? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Any M-B Sales Consultants here? if so ELITE?

Hi, this is my first post on your forums. I've been applying for the M-B ELITE sales consultant program and have been moving along in the admission process. They're awaiting my background/drug test and the interview/training is next. I was wondering if anyone here has gone though that program and if you have any words of advice for me. I don't own a Mercedes-Benz yet, but plan to if this job goes well

I did a search of your forums and didn't find what I needed. Thanks for reading and I look forward to the responses!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:21 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 2005 C230 Kompressor, 2004 E55 AMG
What dealer are you going to be working for? I am at Mercedes-Benz of West Chester in West Chester, Oh. The training is rigorous, rewards are great. I have only been in 2 other dealerships, however I can tell you that this is the pinnacle of the car business, and I am truly proud to represent such a fine brand of automobiles.

Now, I have owned both Mercedes and BMW's in the past. My dad was with Mercedes for 16 years so my brand loyalty leans in the MB direction. PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE, PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE, PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE! Do not cut corners.

I have learned that MB customers typically know EXACTLY what they want and just come to complete the transaction, and clerify what the web and brochures do not.

Good luck.

Some of the finest luxury vehicles on the road...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2008
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply. I don't know what dealership I'm gonna be working for yet. Hopefully one in Houston, TX. I'm doing the ELITE program which is more rigorous than anything I've ever heard of.

For those not familiar with that program, I have done 15 hrs of online training and passed all of that. Then I had a 1 hr phone interview and was asked to move forward. I did my drug test and background check a few days ago and am waiting for them to call me to schedule an in person interview.

If they like me at the in person interview, then I have to go to California for 4 weeks for training. Then I head back to Texas to work.

And I agree, product knowledge is VERY important to being successful. I've been at my first sales consultant job at Nissan for about 4 months and I try to read at least one brochure a day along with going online and studying the competition when ever I have a chance.

A couple questions about your experience working at a Mercedes-Benz dealer...

About how many cars does an average consultant sell a month?
What kinda hours are you working?
How long does a new consultant typically last? (is there a high turnover)

Thanks again for the post and I look forward to hearing your opinions!

Last edited by hpracing007; 01-15-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: