Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2004 E320 Nav system unit & installation

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MRBSMITH 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I live in San Francisco Bay Area. Ok, so my Car (2004 E320 4D sedan) has this monitor, but it doesnt have navigation system.
I took my car to MB dealership here, and they gave me USD2100 estimate to install the unit.
Now, I'm wondering if anyone could help me save some money?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Hey Jim

Please fill out your user profile.
Many of us have done this ( me too) for pennies on the mb dollar.
Please post ( with complete profile) in the audio seg.
Easy diy with the tech help you get here!! The people in the audio seg know more about this than most mb dealers.

welcome!
B

#5 ·
Hi, looks like you did not post more on the topic. MRBSMITH means you would fill your profile like the car and location being visible as if you would see on his post. Not that much of an issue in your case as you posted accurate info about your car along with your question (which does not happen always, perhaps not even often).

The second advice was to post on the Audio & Electronics forum. A lot of similar info and discussions there.

Are you after a DIY installation or after having it done by an expert? You might ask advice from those who have done it the way you want.

#6 ·
Glitz and Glam dealer said no

OBTW;

My local dealer told me ' we do not install or support aftermarket NAV ' at any price.
Cars are sold as shiped from the factory.

They did try to sell me a new car, with nav.

B

#7 ·
OBTW;

My local dealer told me ' we do not install or support aftermarket NAV ' at any price.
Cars are sold as shiped from the factory.

They did try to sell me a new car, with nav.

B
You mean they would not even retrofit the OEM MB navi? I can understand that they don't want to install any non-MB equipment and even MB navigation if the car is not really built to support retrofitting at a dealer but in an average case the dealer should be happy to retrofit an MB OEM system.

#8 ·
No Mods

I am not complaining as I do think it IS the best dealer in the US, But they do not Mod cars...
OBTW, on the side, the techs and parts people were very supportive and encouraging as I diy my own. It was like they wanted me to succeed in doing this, Really cool people!

They even had me bring the car in for a NAV show and tell!

Good people.

B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.