Question: How long should it take to deliver a new car? - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 08:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congratulations! Nice job!!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 01:26 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2007 mercedes E 220 cdi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My car arrived a few days later than initially reported, but that wasn't a big problem. I remember my car did arrive on a tuesday, went to the dealer to see it and gave it the thumbs up. I wired the money to the dealers account on a wednessday (in Europe we usually don't write cheques, it's easier to wire it through) and called the dealer that I would pick the car up the next friday at 13.00h, which gave my ample time to take care of my insurance and other paperwork. I arrived at the dealers at around 13.30h, left with the car 15 minutes later having skipped the 'information session' about the controlls of the car (which was a mistake). All in all, everything went as good as it can get.

Mind you, when it started raining half an hour later and I was unable to find the switch for the windscreenwipers, that was a laugh. Never expected it to be on the lefthandside of the steering wheel, and certainly not to turn the switch instead of pulling or pushing it. So I read the manual during the weekend to make up for my mistake made on friday.

If I had to wait for four hours or longer before actually seeing the car, having paid for it already ... let's say that it would not have been a pretty sight.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: