Question: How long should it take to deliver a new car? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwehmeier View Post
Well Guys,

We were totally abandoned by our salesguy-- ...

Total time we were held hostage in the dealer after leaving the Finance Manager was }in excess of 3.75 hours!

Now the question is how do I handle this dealership-- Go to the General Manager or should we just skip them and call MB Corporate?

Suggestions? Comments?

Mary Lu

PS: No it was not one of my local dealers. We had to drive over 45 miles to find this specific C350.
Waiting over 3 hours: --- That was your mistake right there.

10-15 minutes max you should have waited. No more. then pitched the mother of all fits right then and there.

Obviously you are not one of those horrible MBA/cellphone/frequent flier/consultant/ hard charging cold steel women that are all over the place in San Francisco.

A LOT of those Type A nightmares buy/lease new Mercedes

You should learn from them.

Agreed, all you could possibly get from them is an apology and a free oil change at the most.

No telling how long you'd have to wait to get the car, after the oil change is done. They are about as concerned for your satisfaction as they are with the bottoms of their own shoes

I would never go back. Maybe tip the IRS off to them, or phone in a bomb threat or something, if I was out for pure revenge

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 10-03-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: C350 & 450SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mwehmeier
(Thread Starter)
Personally I want more... a lot more.

Mary Lu
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: Oo == oO 98 E320
Wow!! I cannot imagine myself as a customer or any of my purchasing customers waiting more than 15 minutes without getting the finance mgr to satisfy the rest of the process. A visit &/or letter to the general mgr needs to happen as the salesperson needs to possibly be canned...if it has not already happened. Have you checked the obituaries? I would think mgmt would be mortified that happened!!

'87 300E: sold after 11years @ 230k & still on the road somewhere in rural Tennessee.

'94 C220 with 93k totalled 10/06 by hit & run broadsiding monster truck: not a scratch or bruise for me
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just talk to the GM. If he does not offer you some serious compensation along w/ the apologies then write to MBUSA. When I bought my S-class two salesmen came to my home (about an hour from the dealership) to pick me up in an identical S-class, drove my and my son back to KC, and did a complete walk-through on all the details of the new car, and had me back on the road w/in an hour. Considering the complicated setup of this new car--new cell phone, COMAND, navigation, and a thousand other things that was quite a thing.

How do you like the new C-class?

Don't believe everything you think
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnamoss View Post
Wow!! I cannot imagine myself as a customer or any of my purchasing customers waiting more than 15 minutes without getting the finance mgr to satisfy the rest of the process. A visit &/or letter to the general mgr needs to happen as the salesperson needs to possibly be canned...if it has not already happened. Have you checked the obituaries? I would think mgmt would be mortified that happened!!
The Finance Manager paged the Salesguy four times and he called the Salesguy's Boss twice that I personally know. I called the Salesguy's cell phone 4 times while I was waiting, to be told his message box is full-- call back. (nice huh?) We did not even see OUR CAR until hour 3 . At that point I politely blew my cork at the front desk, when every salesperson in a 1/2 mile radius came running with the "Can I help you?" mantra. One Salesguy tried to help us with educating us about the car, and was very nice. But after that no one finished the sale (again.) When finally-- one of the Used Car guys saw our frustration came up and told us he'd seen it all-- and apologize and set up the car to go. He was a peach.

FWIW I will never ever bring this car back to the dealership. I will complain about this situation in a polite and professional way-- not to the dealer, but directly to MBUSA, as I no longer "trust" the dealer. One other thing we figured out just before we got home... The paperwork on the car gave the mileage on the car. When we picked it up there was 14 additional miles on it with no explanation. I'd love to know what the heck they were doing with my car?

Any more comments?

Mary Lu
Who still loves the car-- and despises the dealer.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Just talk to the GM. If he does not offer you some serious compensation along w/ the apologies then write to MBUSA. When I bought my S-class two salesmen came to my home (about an hour from the dealership) to pick me up in an identical S-class, drove my and my son back to KC, and did a complete walk-through on all the details of the new car, and had me back on the road w/in an hour. Considering the complicated setup of this new car--new cell phone, COMAND, navigation, and a thousand other things that was quite a thing.

How do you like the new C-class?
Honestly Jayhawk, we love the car. It's everything the husband and I wanted. For us we wish it were a little bit larger-- but then again it's about $15-20K less than an E Class.

My only complaint about the car itself is that our cell phones will not connect to the bluetooth. MB needs to understand when you advertise Bluetooth, it needs to be the industry standard Bluetooth. I should not need to buy new cell phone in order to connect to the handsfree feature, which they are requiring by law in California in the next year. It was one of the features we expected to work.

Mary Lu
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 04:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Honestly Jayhawk, we love the car. It's everything the husband and I wanted. For us we wish it were a little bit larger-- but then again it's about $15-20K less than an E Class.

My only complaint about the car itself is that our cell phones will not connect to the bluetooth. MB needs to understand when you advertise Bluetooth, it needs to be the industry standard Bluetooth. I should not need to buy new cell phone in order to connect to the handsfree feature, which they are requiring by law in California in the next year. It was one of the features we expected to work.

Mary Lu
Mary Lu: I understand exactly what you are going through, but we all need to wake up the reality of complex cell phone competition. It is them, not MB, that are making it difficult to impossible to connect unless we have everything they offer. MB, like so many other car manufacturers, is at the mercy of these cut-throat companies.

Don't believe everything you think
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 11:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Mary Lu: I understand exactly what you are going through, but we all need to wake up the reality of complex cell phone competition. It is them, not MB, that are making it difficult to impossible to connect unless we have everything they offer. MB, like so many other car manufacturers, is at the mercy of these cut-throat companies.
I agree completely with Jayhawk. In addition, BT isn't any extremely complete standard, it leaves compatibility issues elsewhere too. Compatibility unfortunately is left a bit on interoperability testing and not all BT device manufacturers do this. Often it also means that your own implementation follows the standard but to cope with bugs on the other side, you can solve the compatibility issue even if the other side was guilty.

I don't remember the phone model you were using but it would be even more likely that you should actually complain the phone manufacturer than MB.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 S500 4MATIC
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Personally I want more... a lot more.

Mary Lu
Like what? Yes, you were inconvenienced but its not like they did anything (like damaging the car) that you could expect some financial recourse from.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 S500 4MATIC
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
Obviously you are not one of those horrible MBA/cellphone/frequent flier/consultant/ hard charging cold steel women that are all over the place in San Francisco.
LOL Why SF in particular? Frustrated by the shortage of straight men?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in