LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:38 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thank you KYN.
WOLF Me dost think your troubles have just begun.

Now you can post to the audi site as KYN proposed.

BTW NEVER, EVER, buy a warranty. It is just a sales item to generate cash flow in the sales department. Dont do it!!

Extended warranty is a DEALER specific contract.
Good luck with Audi!

The finest example of automobile engineering in the world
Floats like a CADI
Stings like a BMR
Stingy as a Prius
and.... all Mercedes Benz.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 96 and 08 911 turbos
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
why didn't you wait until you had owned the car for a while before buying the extended warranty.

Id wait until about a week before the factory warranty is up before buying an extended warranty.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2007
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
oliver K

You can only buy the extended warranty on their new cars within the first year of ownership. I waited until the last week of eligibility. They only give you the year to buy then only allow a 60 day window in which to cancel. After the 60 days you're screwed-not even a pro-rated refund is offered. No consideration whatsoever is given even if the car is a lemon, totaled, stolen, or, amazingly enough-- traded in toward another Benz. All you can do is hope to sell it privately and realize a little more in the price of the car because the warranty can be transferred. Of course, as I have 27 repair orders for mine I would have a hard time selling privately as any potential buyer could check with MB for the service history- a real deal killer.
So, if you have the car for say, 3 years and want to buy a new one you're expected to cheerfully let them keep your $2,400.00 or more. How customer friendly is this??? And my dumbass salesman at MB Princeton did absolutely nothing to try and keep me as a customer beyond offering me the same discount I'd get anyway. BTW, MB Princeton really sucks- their service department couldn't diagnose a dirty floormat and always gave me an attitude when I needed a loaner even though they're required to supply one under the warranty terms. -forced me to go elsewhere for service (Keenan in Doylestown, PA service is much better). I'm through with Princeton and MB forever -just traded in on a nice new Audi A6 Avant!!

Last edited by wolfmancometh; 10-05-2007 at 06:39 PM.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2005 SL 55 "k" 26K 1967 250 SL ?K 1984 500 SEC 242K
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Q. Are all Star Mark waranties transferable ?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: