Im EXTREMELY UPSET WITH MERCEDES BENZ UPON THE DELIVERY OF THE CLS550 BAD EXPERIENCE - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
What's service C? If that has the same time limits like A and B on other cars, that means the car is 15 months old.
I don't quite agree about abuse on the demo car. Usually demo presentation happens with salesman on the passenger seat and no reputable salesman would allow red-line cold engine. Also this is not the kind of car, that teenagers take for a spin. Than 20 grands is 20 grands.
On the other hand totally new cars those days sell with up to 20% OFF MSR, so maybe the deal on demo isn't that excellent after-all?
This way, or another asking about making up for service will not hurt too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 01:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
If the dealer should learn servicing cars, you would need to learn buying too. A car over one year (is it 1 year an 13000 miles on this car in the US?) old and you don't check the service history. Did you even test drive it, how come you did not recognise it had not been serviced?
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 01:31 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey max, maybe you should repeat what you told us to your sales guy, and swear some more.

I think you should get a refund, wait till you grow up and then go buy it.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 03:01 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: Oo == oO 98 E320
Before you rip every head off on earth: I have trouble believing the car would need a c-service yet. If the reminder was not on when you test drove the car as well as when you drove it home, then the light may have just come on & may very well be in complete error. Crap happens to all cars from time to time; let the dealer check it out.

'87 300E: sold after 11years @ 230k & still on the road somewhere in rural Tennessee.

'94 C220 with 93k totalled 10/06 by hit & run broadsiding monster truck: not a scratch or bruise for me

Last edited by johnamoss; 09-23-2007 at 03:05 AM.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 2003 S500 4MATIC
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dude, relax! Call the dealer, tell them the service should have been done before you got the car, and tell them you want them to do it now for free. Probably they will just apologize and do it.

The reality these days is that paying top dollar for something no longer means you get flawless quality or service. I recently bought a new high-end range and when I got it installed the oven and broiler didn't work. It took almost a month to get a new thermostat shipped out and installed, partly because the first replacement part they sent out was for a different model. Yes, I was annoyed but throwing a fit would not have helped.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 08:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
Also this is not the kind of car, that teenagers take for a spin.
Why? Because it's a CLS? Because it's a just 550?
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 08:17 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: ml430
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_benz View Post
So today I go with my parents to pick up the brand new CLS550 at the dealership. We bought it as a demo car with low miles. This car is amazing we got an excellent deal, than anyone else. So the car has been sitting at dealership for 2 weeks, because we were deciding if we wanted any accesories that they sell you with the car. Anyways we go pick up the vehicle, they had it out front waiting for us. We start the car and then leave the dealership. When we get home and drive the car again, I noticed when I used the keyless go, that on the instrument cluster it said Service C 83 Days Past Due. Im like what the f**k. Are these people crazy, they didnt even f**king service our automobile. They didnt do s**t at all, but wash the car and that was it. I was highly pissed off. I feel like tellin the dealership to take there car back and dont cash our check. You have 3 days to get a full refund. But this s**t is very unaceptable on Mercedes Benz. What the f**k was they doing and they didnt even notice this, and delivered the car like this. This is a 76K car and they would do some s**t like this. I wonder do they even f**kin service our vehicles at all or do they press the f**kin reset button to act like they did service, and steal our hard earned money. Im very pissed off right now. This is unacceptable 83 days past due for service. I just sold my C230 last week, and I am thinking about not gettin another Benz, after all that I seen what happens as far as service. We pay top dollar for the Mercedes Benz name, and we get treated worse in service than some Hundai. What a disgrace. What should I do, should I tell them give me a refund or what ?
wow, these are the people i cant stand. you little snot nosed brat. you sound like a idiot comin on here and running your mouth about something so petty. your car dont need to be serviced, you moron. it olnly has 4000 mile on it. service intervals are 13000 and 1 year. so they made a mistake by not resetting light. it counts by days to. from the day its made so it has nothing to do with oil quality. now shut up and go back to school so you can buy the car yourself next time,not your parents. oh yeah by the way you def didnt get a good deal on it, i have those on my lot for less then that buddy, next time do some research before your parents sign the paper work.

mike

"MERCEDES BENZ LIKE NO OTHER"
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 11:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mercedes Benz of Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbenztech View Post
wow, these are the people i cant stand. you little snot nosed brat. you sound like a idiot comin on here and running your mouth about something so petty. your car dont need to be serviced, you moron. it olnly has 4000 mile on it. service intervals are 13000 and 1 year. so they made a mistake by not resetting light. it counts by days to. from the day its made so it has nothing to do with oil quality. now shut up and go back to school so you can buy the car yourself next time,not your parents. oh yeah by the way you def didnt get a good deal on it, i have those on my lot for less then that buddy, next time do some research before your parents sign the paper work.
Max Benz; you got raped by the Stealership and now the Forum is
raping you. DAAAAAAANG!
Reading all this, how do you say it; F**CKING S**T is hard to read without laughing!
Bahaha. Geez.
Go back to the Salesman and Service Manager and CALMLY explain what you experienced. At least give them a chance to explain it away.
You guys here, you kill me ( but in a good way, bahahahahahaha ) oh it hurts....

Charles
New York City, NY
Richmond County

United States of America
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 12:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
I would make ctbenztech putting the money where his mouth is. He's got new cars cheaper than that? That should be worth flying there.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
I can't begin to imagine what is going through the minds of these parents buying their kids SL's and CLS's, etc. I guess when you raise your kids this way, this is the end result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in