1 malfunction - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
ctbenztech's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: ml430
Location: connecticut
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
You might want to go to a different dealer. That problem should have been taken care of before you bought the car. All Malfunctions can and should be Reset by anyone who can check Error Codes and fix them . It will only take a minute, and they shouldn't even charge you for it. As long as the Malfunction is "fixed" the message should go away, and even the TeleAid being disconnected should not be a problem for any dealer who knows what they are doing.
well to tell you the truth not everyone with a code reading device can "fix" the car. it all dependes on when you bought the car wether the dealer could have turned off teleaid. not untill like three weeks ago were we able (alowed) to turn off teleaid. it was agenst the law for some one to turn off teleaid now we have doc. for people to sign thats says they are aware of teleaid turned off. so if you bought the car more then a month ago they wouldnt offer to turn it off.
not anyone can do it. it has to be done by a mb dealer with there computer. no indiendent can do it. thats the only way you can fix it.

mike

"MERCEDES BENZ LIKE NO OTHER"
ctbenztech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 10:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The tele aid malfunction returns every time the car is started.

AFAIK this cannot be "turned off" by any other means than reactivating tele aid.

This principle of operation applies to all malfunction warnings, i.e. you have to fix the problem and can't just turn off the warning.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI
lkchris is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Except of course if you code the car to understand that there is no such device, like Tele-Aid in this case. I understand ctbenztech means deactivating it from DAS, but this feature being password protected. Meaning any independent shop may not be able to do it, unless they get the codes from Russian code cracking experts
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Except of course if you code the car to understand that there is no such device, like Tele-Aid in this case. I understand ctbenztech means deactivating it from DAS, but this feature being password protected. Meaning any independent shop may not be able to do it, unless they get the codes from Russian code cracking experts
Password protected and only MB can fix it. That's just great.
mlfun is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
AFAIKR, "malfunction" does not mean something is broken in MB speak. It means
teleaid or the phone etc is not set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris
The tele aid malfunction returns every time the car is started.

AFAIK this cannot be "turned off" by any other means than reactivating tele aid.

This principle of operation applies to all malfunction warnings, i.e. you have to fix the problem and can't just turn off the warning.
mlfun is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
ctbenztech's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: ml430
Location: connecticut
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris
The tele aid malfunction returns every time the car is started.

AFAIK this cannot be "turned off" by any other means than reactivating tele aid.

This principle of operation applies to all malfunction warnings, i.e. you have to fix the problem and can't just turn off the warning.

yeah ok dont speak unless something intelligent comes out of your mouth. because by this statement i know, you dont know what your talking about.

mike

"MERCEDES BENZ LIKE NO OTHER"
ctbenztech is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun
Password protected and only MB can fix it. That's just great.
I guess you are saying that modern Toyota engine electronics can be modified with free SW from the internet? I wonder how much they will have to pay when regulators figure out that their cars do not fulfill existing requirements where emission control related equipment have to be protected against changes, including basic dealer service personnel.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 03 SL500 with all the toys
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
PROBLEM SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbenztech
well to tell you the truth not everyone with a code reading device can "fix" the car. it all dependes on when you bought the car wether the dealer could have turned off teleaid. not untill like three weeks ago were we able (alowed) to turn off teleaid. it was agenst the law for some one to turn off teleaid now we have doc. for people to sign thats says they are aware of teleaid turned off. so if you bought the car more then a month ago they wouldnt offer to turn it off.
not anyone can do it. it has to be done by a mb dealer with there computer. no indiendent can do it. thats the only way you can fix it.
Thanks to all that replied with a special thanks to Mike (ctbenztech) for his informing me of the recent change in MB policy. The vehicle now reads: "no malfunctions in memory"

I visited the MB dealer where I had purchased the car, at first he said MB would not allow them to change the coding. I told the service writer I had read on the internet MB had changed that policy in the last couple of weeks. He had no knowledge of it but did take the effort to verify with MB. After a charge of $62. I was on my merry way. And I do mean merry, it's a pleasure to have such a beautiful car that tells me "no malfunctions".
03SL500 is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
ctbenztech's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: ml430
Location: connecticut
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
congrats glad i could help. pm me if you need any thing else

mike

"MERCEDES BENZ LIKE NO OTHER"
ctbenztech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    '1 malfunction' paul001 W245 B-Class 8 01-15-2007 09:25 AM
    1 Malfunction osdesierto W210 E-Class 16 11-22-2006 01:51 PM
    Malfunction With A/C S_Class_Don W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 9 07-27-2005 07:59 AM
    1 malfunction Old Otto W210 E-Class 11 06-15-2005 08:13 AM
    1 Malfunction ????? Guest (MBNZ) W203 C-Class 2 07-08-2002 07:37 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome