How to Delete Contacts in Phone Book via Multi Function Steering Wheel - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation How to Delete Contacts in Phone Book via Multi Function Steering Wheel

Just installed a ViseeO Bluetooth adapter that fits in the Nokia 6150 cradle for my 2000 E200k. I have syncronised my phone book from an Imate Jamin into the car's Multifunction Steering Wheel phone book, but am unable to delete any contacts in this phone book. I do not have the command system, just the phone cradle and speedo display that shows the telephone and other steering wheel functions. This bluetooth integration is excellent, really stable and easy to use (once you can get your contacts syncronised which was quite painful). I found that my PDA (Imate Jamin) with its comprehensive contacts list with multiple numbers available for each contact and also the way it stored numbers with brackets and spaces created some strange contacts in the Steering Wheel Phone Book, which I now want to erase. The VIseeO does not seem to allow you to delete what has been syncronised unless you exceed 3 phone link ups, but I assume that deleting contacts can be done via the Steering Wheel Phone Book buttons. Can anyone help me with this? I have syncronised via a standard Nokia phone and it worked alot better, but my Jamin is my main phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Your COMMAND only displays what your phone tells it.

You cannot change what your phone tells it via car controls.

You must change the phone with buttons on the phone.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 12:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Is it not downloading contacts every time the phone connects (then an update on the phone would appear immediately)? I'm not familiar with the device, it might download and store the the phone book when first connecting and then storing it. This would actually be good, no need to wait for the download every time the phone is connected.

Isn't there any option to force phone book download like the MB puck when dialing 0000? Aren't you able to pair the device again, delete pairing from the phone first? Any option to reset the device? I cannot believe it would have been built to download the phone book only once without any option to update it (if it stores the info in the first place).

Keep posting your experience. If it works well with multiple phones, it would probably sell well in Europe.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2007
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
To answer Ikchris. I uploaded the contacts via the ViseeO device through my Imate Jamin. As stated this phone (not the original Nokia 6150) has many numbers for each contact and has created contacts that have invalid phone numbers and these numbers cannot be dialed via the steering wheel.

Answer to Diesel Benz. The device connects with a phone each time you turn on the car and uploads the latest contacts, but my PDA (Imate Jamin) cannot syncronise properly so I had to manually upload contacts through the device. As stated above some of these contacts have invalid numbers (brackets and spaces) and are the ones I cannot erase, but want to.

I have attached another phone (Nokia 3110 classic) and the automatic upload was instant with no issues. The device allows for 3 phones and the last phone added is the one it connects to if all three phones are in the car at the same time. It is extremely stable to connect and gets the phone to the "in service mode" in about 20 seconds.

I have added 5 connections (with the first 2 being overwritten) but the Imate Jamin contacts list still show some invalid contacts. This is the only frustrating part. With the right phone (Nokia 3110 as an example) this unit is brilliant, but with the Jamin, not so good. A solution for me is to only use phones with simple contacts lists, but my Imate Jamin is not only a phone, but my GPS and work calendar etc...

I just can't believe that the list cannot be manually edited via the steering wheel controls. Hope someone can help.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 04:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
The OEM MB car kit does not have phone book memory and then there is no reason to have the phone book edit function from the steering wheel.

The 3110 classic would equally support a complex phone book, is the ViseeO device in that case reading the phone contact list or the SIM list?

I'm afraid you would have to figure out a way to control the phone book from your Imate Jamin (if you cannot do that, why not consider a different brand with GPS and calendar etc. etc.). Some phones allow restricting only part of the phone contact list being downloaded to the BT car kit but this is very phone specific.

I assume the contacts on your phone appear correct, you cannot then simply delete those. Hope you get this fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in