LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 08:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2000 Mercedes-Benz S500. Sold: 2000 C230K, Sold: 1997 Porsche 944S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mercedes Benz of Florida
When I had my Porsche the same Stealership also owned Mercedes Benz of Orlando. I had amazing personal Customer Service. In fact Porsche of Maitland Florida even enrolled me in their Porsche magazine. I had personal telephone calls from them. Shocking enough; they even greeted me enthusiastically.
Yep; Porsche took care of me very well.
MB, your so different.
So very very different....

New York City, NY
Richmond County

United States of America
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: MB ML350 '07
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

They NEVER call to see whether I am happy or not and I have been in a couple of times.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gee, I guess it is nice to shop at the dealer who consistently rates tops in customer satisfaction. Viti Mercedes in Tiverton RI treats everyone like how they would like to be treated. Service is stupendous. Salespeople do not hover over you or push you. They answer questions and let the vehicles sell themselves.

I have to say the same thing for James Mercedes in Lexington, KY. Awesome service from the sales department. There are great dealers out there, just don't lump them all together.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 06:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Benzo350 View Post
Has anyone else had horrible customer service from start to finish? My salesman was substandard (IMO). I just had an experience with the service department recently that made my salesman seem like employee of the year. Oy! I have an ML350. I will be more specific in that forum, but I was just wondering if it is just me. Shouldn't Mercedes do a better job at customer service?
You didn't say were you are, or what area your dealer is in [now would be a great time to fill in your profile so folks might help you work through issues locally] but I have found that some regions are much better at customer service than others. I have also found that MBUSA stays as far out of the loop on Dealer v Customer issues as possible claiming that the dealer is an independent franchise and "not their issue". So the dealer, and region knows going in that the customer really has no big support coming from MBUSA.

On a vicious problem that I had with Friendly Motors [the MB Dealer in Wappingers Falls NY] that pretty much went to the top of MBUSA I was told point blank that MBUSA was not responsible at all and they had more "F**K YOU" money than I had. When a dealer knows he is backed up like that, he can run his business how he wants.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Benzo350 View Post

They NEVER call to see whether I am happy or not and I have been in a couple of times.
Three words: Regional Service Manager.

I'd call the 800 Mercedes number, tell them I need to speak to the "Regional Service Manager" for my area.

When you get him or her on the phone, explain that you'd like to have your car serviced at the *best* dealership in his/her area. If he/her mentions the dealer you went to, tell him/her that you've been there, and THAT is why you're looking for a BETTER place. If MB USA is anything like Porsche Cars North America, the owner of that dealership will hear about it, as will the dealer's service manager, your service writer, and the wrench that worked on your car.

Whatever the service department did wrong, just might be handled differently in the future.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: