Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2007 Frankfurt Auto Show Mercedes F700

3K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  johnhef 
#1 ·
Hot off the presses. Looks like an S 550 RX8 to me.

#6 ·
I am particularly interested in the clear fender skirts that adorn the rear wheel wells. I will find a better picture I hope. I assume that is for aerodynamics. I am guessing the tuners will spray those body color for the 50s retro look.

#11 ·
All this retro shit is starting to annoy me.

Back in the 70's, the designs for 2K were sexy, "I want one of those" appealing.

Instead we get the re-born retro design follies of the retiring baby boomers ...

Enough already.

Sorry to say it, but if the 700 is the pinnacle of MB design vision, they need outside help ...

#12 ·
mcbear said:
Hot off the presses. Looks like an S 550 RX8 to me.
Stunning! Breath taking refreshing! Very aggressive design.
I am sure it will pleasure a very selective market.
I look forward to reading about the Engine, Transmission and
general interior design.
McBear; Thanks.

#15 ·
everythingmercedes said:
eMercedesBenz released the full press release and over 15 photos that enlarge if you click them to get a good in depth look at the F700.

eMercedesBenz - The Unofficial Mercedes-Benz Weblog

Wow, I love it.
damn, that's a good looking car. before giving an opinion read what it says. i personally love the design. how could you dislike it? maybe some people are too old or could be lack of taste. same thing happened when mb showed the R-class a few years back. people who couldn't afford it started talking shit. then schumacher's wife drove it around for a year before they released it and then everyone loved it. with all these new models coming out and redesign of the current ones mb is definitely increasing the gap between them and the rest of the automakers. i'm glad they are coming back to the old days.

#18 ·
FYI...the F series cars are extreme engineering/design models...like the lifejet (trike) model...not meant to relay the design of the next model...more of a technological showcase...

Vision series cars are the typical 'concept cars' which are meant to hint at future design. (SLR and R class both started out as Vision series).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.