LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sold the C230 K

Well I wasn't sure if this belonged in off topic or not. But since it has to do with a Mercedes why not post it here. I used to have a 420 SEL (first car) then a 97' S420 then I traded in for a 03 C230 k 2 door.

Then traded that in for a 02' Porsche boxster. The C230 wasn't a bad car. It was reliable and all but it was just a C and being an S class fanatic I just couldn't keep driving the C anymore. I went to a few dealerships that had some 00'-'002 S class W220s. The prices seemed just right. But not being able to find a good condition S I saw a Porsche boxster. Of Course I didn't think being 19 at the time the insurance would be affordable.

But after calling in i found out the insurance was about the same as the C230. So I test drove that boxster but didn't like it. It was too old. I went to the Porsche dealership and saw a pristine 02' boxster with 18' turbo rims on it. I went ahead and purchased it. it had 22 k miles on it and they were asking 27 k. Too make a long story short I drove off with a Porsche a few days later.

Life was good. In fact ever since I got it I didn't even come back to post on the forums that I had gotten a Porsche. But then, not even a two months of ownership, I was struck from behind by a 19 year old female. This had obviously not been her first time. Too make an even longer story short. (trust me it's long) I went ahead and traded in my Porsche while it was in the body shop being fixed from my insurance and my 1000 deductible, i went ahead and bought a 2006 Corvette. Talk about going down in negative equity and high car payments. It's not the S class I had always wanted but it's a car more suitable for my age. (now being 20)

Anyway just because I got a Corvette doesn't mean I'm going to stop posting on Benzworld and become a Corvette Fanactic. I still love Mercedes-benz a hell of a lot more than any other car brand. The next car I get will definately be a Mercedes-Benz. I like to think of this as that separation that normally helps relationships out. I need some time away from Mercedes to experiment different cars. But my next Mercedes will most likely be an SL. BTW what do you all think about the new facelift for the SL in 2009? I think Mercedes should keep it the same and not give it the CLS style headlamps... The car looks fine just the way it is.

I have to say the Corvette is definately a supercar bargain. I get the performance of an SL65 AMG in a car that costs a fraction of that. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds for both cars. I think the quartermile is better on the 65 though. Fastest I've taken it was on an empty highway at 160 MPH. It is surprisingly a hell of a lot more comfortable than I had thought at those speeds.

It's not a Mercedes but it definately holds it's own against the world's best. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited by SaleenS7; 02-16-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: