post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2003
Vehicle: 2005 SLK 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dealers: The Good & the Bad

Lets get a discussion going of which dealers to patronize & which to avoid.
Sarasota MB in Fl is one to really avoid. I had a problem with my manual transmission where there was a TSB for where I would attempt to put it into first & felt heavy resistance on the sick & it would move into reverse, even though the TSB stated "if you get customer concerns" the dealer did nothing as the tech could not duplicate it. This is the same tech who stated he corrected rattles in the car. I took the car for a drive with the factory rep who also could not duplicate the problem in his 10 minute drive. Well the rattles were still there, the rep determined what they were but did he or anyone at the dealership question the tech, NO! The answer I received was to schedule another appointment instead of them fixing the problem that the tech lied about. When this dealership was Glauser it was completely different as they would bend backwards to help & satisfy you but since they came under the Autonation banner forget it, they could care less. They figure most will look the other way because it is a Benz. Sarasota MB is one place to avoid. To them the customer is just a number. Avoid this place.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:21 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 2003 CLK 320, 2007 E350 4Matic Sport Sedan
In the New Jersey Area, there are many Mercedes Dealer. I have had experiences with a few of them and I would avoid, Mercedes-Benz of Morristown, Globe Motors (Located in Fairfield, NJ). The good dealers, that I know of are Contemporary Motorcars (A smaller dealer in Little Silver, NJ (Near PA border) very good service. The best dealer, though is Ray-Catena Motor Car, he has Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Lexus, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Infiniti. They fall over backwards to help you. The Service Center is massive there are about 150 car bays, all MB.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2003
Vehicle: 2005 SLK 350
(Thread Starter)
When Mercedes Benz of Sarasota was called Glauser Mercedes they would bend over backwards to help you. Now that they are under Autonation they could care less about you. That goes from the top down from the General Manager to the techs. They only guide themselves by the dollar. They have to be one of the worst if not the worst Mercedes dealerships.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: