Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Post More info please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Please produce documentation for those horrible charges. You cannot and should not put that kind of bullshit up here as fact w/out proof.
I'll stop short of calling your info BS, but a written quote would certainly be proof enough. Further, you didn't indicate how your car has been maintained for the 1st 89,000 miles. If it has been totally neglected, I can swallow what they advised that you have done.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!

Last edited by Musikmann; 06-25-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Please produce documentation for those horrible charges. You cannot and should not put that kind of bullshit up here as fact w/out proof.
Sure, here you go. It was right here pretty recently. Just read it...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gene...hours+job+time

This was right from
the Mercedes Benz techinicans' mouth, how it works. Compensation at the MB dealers is really complicated, and sometimes bears no connection to what things cost and how the techs are paid.

What is wrong with you anyway? It's not bullshit just because YOU personally have a wonderful and loving relationship with your MB dealer.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
I started similar topic just few weeks about about "Courtesy safety inspection" my dealer offered. They recommended replacing flex disks on my drive-shaft. Even the new one....
No wonder since from the dirt on cover screws I assumed they never took the transmission cover off for the "inspection".
Go to indy, or check it yourself. I bet 75% of those items are not needed.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I think we can find examples of honest, and dishonest, dealerships for all brands of cars. I also think the caveat emptor aka buyer beware is worth mentioning here too. I bought my pre-owned car w/warranty from my preferred dealer. They treat me very well, and have done a few little things for no charge. They act like they appreciate my business, and want to keep me happy so I will buy my next MB from them. Unless their attitude goes south, I intend to do just that.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
I'll stop short of calling your info BS, but a written quote would certainly be proof enough. Further, you didn't indicate how your car has been maintained for the 1st 89,000 miles. If it has been totally neglected, I can swallow what they advised that you have done.
W H A T ? ? ? My car has only 73k miles, and I have no idea what you are talking about! Are you responding to someone else's post???

Don't believe everything you think
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Sure, here you go. It was right here pretty recently. Just read it...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/gene...hours+job+time

This was right from
the Mercedes Benz techinicans' mouth, how it works. Compensation at the MB dealers is really complicated, and sometimes bears no connection to what things cost and how the techs are paid.

What is wrong with you anyway? It's not bullshit just because YOU personally have a wonderful and loving relationship with your MB dealer.
I have no idea what you are talking about either and no way of knowing what that thread is all about. Are you so gullible as to believe everything someone posts here? I am not about to read a 20 post piece of BS when there is no way to know who that is or what his motivation might be. You people just have to believe that everyone is out to get you and no one can be trusted. I don't get it!

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
I think we can find examples of honest, and dishonest, dealerships for all brands of cars. I also think the caveat emptor aka buyer beware is worth mentioning here too. I bought my pre-owned car w/warranty from my preferred dealer. They treat me very well, and have done a few little things for no charge. They act like they appreciate my business, and want to keep me happy so I will buy my next MB from them. Unless their attitude goes south, I intend to do just that.
Excellent point! Just because every trade has its charlatans doesn't mean we should indite everyone in the business. I get really tired of reading BS from people who have had little or no real experience w/ MB dealerships. It is sad!

post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2002 E320 sports limitted edition
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to chime in here because the dealer where I service my car always gets the dealer of the year award in our area for excellent customer service and they are proud of that. When was car was delayed getting back to me because the SA was fired that day, my regular SA called me the very next day to apologize as he was out the day I took it in for the tranny service. I needed a tranny mount and they didn't charge me for it because of my bad experience with the SA that was fired. They always do small things for me without charge like a new set of batteries for my smart key and got me a great deal on some tires from an independant tire store that gave a better price then the dealer. My SA hooked me up on that deal and I got a free alignment for my SA referring me. Ok, I also have a good indy I thought. Haven't used the indy in more then a year because it just isn't convenient for me and at the dealer I get a nice C class loaner and it is on my way to work and open until 7pm so my car has been serviced there 95% of the time I had her. A friend had issues with the radiator on his E class and actually had a rebuilt one put in by the same indy so of course he took it back there. They said he needed a new radiator which is BS because the rebuilt one isn't old and the car was running fine and not over heating but small amounts of fluid leaking from radiator. He took the car to a MB Dealer and the dealer said first of all the wrong size radiator was on the car though it still works and all he needed was a hose! They put on the hose and fixed something in a gap so that the radiator size would actually fit the way it was supposed to. Cost?? $25!
Now I have lost much respect for my indy who I always trusted over the years. If I can avoid it I won't be going back. I will always have some money in a special account for the servicing of my car at the MB dealer. I really love my dealer and the service I get. I am a chick so the most I do is change the bulbs on my back lights... I know prices are inflated but I feel they are honest and fix what needs to be fixed. In fact when my regular SA was out that day the one who helped me tried to say I really needed a new flex disc and I told her I would wait and see what my regular SA thought. Turns out I won't need it until the next major service and it should be fine until such date. That is one of the reasons she was fired! Dishonest with customers who in turn complained.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbibaron
I have to chime in here because the dealer where I service my car always gets the dealer of the year award in our area for excellent customer service and they are proud of that. When was car was delayed getting back to me because the SA was fired that day, my regular SA called me the very next day to apologize as he was out the day I took it in for the tranny service. I needed a tranny mount and they didn't charge me for it because of my bad experience with the SA that was fired. They always do small things for me without charge like a new set of batteries for my smart key and got me a great deal on some tires from an independant tire store that gave a better price then the dealer. My SA hooked me up on that deal and I got a free alignment for my SA referring me. Ok, I also have a good indy I thought. Haven't used the indy in more then a year because it just isn't convenient for me and at the dealer I get a nice C class loaner and it is on my way to work and open until 7pm so my car has been serviced there 95% of the time I had her. A friend had issues with the radiator on his E class and actually had a rebuilt one put in by the same indy so of course he took it back there. They said he needed a new radiator which is BS because the rebuilt one isn't old and the car was running fine and not over heating but small amounts of fluid leaking from radiator. He took the car to a MB Dealer and the dealer said first of all the wrong size radiator was on the car though it still works and all he needed was a hose! They put on the hose and fixed something in a gap so that the radiator size would actually fit the way it was supposed to. Cost?? $25!
Now I have lost much respect for my indy who I always trusted over the years. If I can avoid it I won't be going back. I will always have some money in a special account for the servicing of my car at the MB dealer. I really love my dealer and the service I get. I am a chick so the most I do is change the bulbs on my back lights... I know prices are inflated but I feel they are honest and fix what needs to be fixed. In fact when my regular SA was out that day the one who helped me tried to say I really needed a new flex disc and I told her I would wait and see what my regular SA thought. Turns out I won't need it until the next major service and it should be fine until such date. That is one of the reasons she was fired! Dishonest with customers who in turn complained.
Thanks for that Debbi! It is a great story, and well documented. Glad you related it.

post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Don't confuse me with the facts!!

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about either and no way of knowing what that thread is all about. Are you so gullible as to believe everything someone posts here? I am not about to read a 20 post piece of BS when there is no way to know who that is or what his motivation might be. You people just have to believe that everyone is out to get you and no one can be trusted. I don't get it!
Well you called me on it, and I found the thread. But you won't even read it, and would rather pooh-pooh it as "BS". Were you truly interested in rational discourse, you would have, before commenting as you did.

You are so dismissive of anything that doesn't comport with your own narrow minded views you won't even READ what was said and judge for yourself the veracity? That says more about you, than the subject at hand.

Sometimes Mercedes and OTHER dealers DO rip off customers. Where do you think the word "Stealership" came from anyway?

Some of them are good and some are very bad. I'll give people the benefit of the doubt, initially, but there are some bad Mercedes Benz business practices going on at some dealers out there.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in