Chinese vehicles coming to US via Tijuana soon. - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
bgoin's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Classic 92 190E 2.6
Location: Neo-Nuremberg and Saint Mountain Meadows
Posts: 4,235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Chinese vehicles coming to US via Tijuana soon.

Cost only $12,000:
Hey, It Could Happen - AutoWeek
bgoin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 10:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bogie's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Where's the F#$%king spot!!!???

*heavy panting, chest heaving and eyes bulging in frustration*

Last edited by Bogie; 06-14-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Bogie is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 10:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's a nice picture of the Toyota Tundra in the article!

China's disregard for copyright laws is ridiculous.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

asianml is offline  
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 03 E320 4M Wagon & 97 E320
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
You'll be surprised how many car/truck complete production lines China buys from overseas automakers. Usually these production lines are no longer the latest but China buys them and produce them.

When I was in China this May, I saw several Toyota lines in Chinese brands and I was told the above. There was a small SUV like the RAV4. The Camry is still called Camry but made in China.
loubapache is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:31 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,187
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubapache
You'll be surprised how many car/truck complete production lines China buys from overseas automakers. Usually these production lines are no longer the latest but China buys them and produce them.

When I was in China this May, I saw several Toyota lines in Chinese brands and I was told the above. There was a small SUV like the RAV4. The Camry is still called Camry but made in China.
Hi chaps, I live and work in china MB/BMW and believe me the car industry here has gone into overdrive. They now build MB C and E class and BMW 3 and 5 series here. Also SAIC and thats Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp are seriously viewing the US market and have been for the last two years. So watch this space and watch the trade deficit grow even BIGGER
eric242340 is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bogie's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is really going to suck for middle and lower class america. The very wealthy will make deals to the detriment of the US economy and with all of the lobbyist, there is nothing the gov will do about it.

It's not that the cars are made in China, but it's that the deals that will be made will be made under the table will hurt all but the very wealthy in the US, under that guise of "more jobs for everyone"... Right... You can put your PhD aside and go back to a community college to be retrained to work on a factory floor without benefits. Oh Joy...
Bogie is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,187
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie
This is really going to suck for middle and lower class america. The very wealthy will make deals to the detriment of the US economy and with all of the lobbyist, there is nothing the gov will do about it.

It's not that the cars are made in China, but it's that the deals that will be made will be made under the table will hurt all but the very wealthy in the US, under that guise of "more jobs for everyone"... Right... You can put your PhD aside and go back to a community college to be retrained to work on a factory floor without benefits. Oh Joy...
Sad to say this, but I think youve got the picture.
eric242340 is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1997 E320, 1997 S320
Location: midwest
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubapache
You'll be surprised how many car/truck complete production lines China buys from overseas automakers. Usually these production lines are no longer the latest but China buys them and produce them.

When I was in China this May, I saw several Toyota lines in Chinese brands and I was told the above. There was a small SUV like the RAV4. The Camry is still called Camry but made in China.
take a look at this. Image:Ssangyongchairman.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i saw a couple these korean (have had partnership with mb for over 15 years) cars in eastern europe. at first i thought it was a benz, but when i saw it closer it surprised me. mb lets them use the design of older benzes and engines.
tirona is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
bgoin's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Classic 92 190E 2.6
Location: Neo-Nuremberg and Saint Mountain Meadows
Posts: 4,235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie
Where's the F#$%king spot!!!???

*heavy panting, chest heaving and eyes bulging in frustration*
It is there! Have you been good?
bgoin is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 03:12 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Volvo 940GLE, GMC Suburban, Infiniti I30, Toyota Prius, VW GTI, MB SLK350, Lexus IS250
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340
Hi chaps, I live and work in china MB/BMW and believe me the car industry here has gone into overdrive. They now build MB C and E class and BMW 3 and 5 series here. Also SAIC and thats Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp are seriously viewing the US market and have been for the last two years. So watch this space and watch the trade deficit grow even BIGGER
The trade deficit had not gotten larger in terms of GDP, still at 5.x% or so for the past number of years. China trade deficit is only 1/3 of the total. Another 1/3 is with Canada and the rest is with ROW.
CalifSLK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    I like Chinese Botnst Off-Topic 2 03-07-2007 05:19 AM
    Chinese Take-out Xander W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 7 01-13-2007 07:14 AM
    Chinese to go go go! deathrattle Off-Topic 5 03-14-2006 02:19 PM
    Chinese Cars Coming to Detroit firstmb Off-Topic 6 12-22-2005 08:56 AM
    Chinese X5! syuek G-Class 5 01-13-2005 10:15 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome