Had Good Experience at Dealership - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Phillips Mercedes, Virginia Beach, VA

Phillips Mercedes in Virginia Beach give the best customer svc of ANY dealership I've evern been to. Everyone that works there, from the service manager to the loaner car attendent, goes out of thie way to give the best dealership experience possible.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: '04 SL 500, '03 BMW M5, '03 BMW 325i,
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by asianml
The Dodge dealership nearest here has like a restaurant in it. It's like a Starbucks with all sorts of food and drinks. I don't know if you have to pay, but it's pretty neat! I wonder what the service costs are though....
You probably don't have to pay when you get the food. You pay for it indirectly (at the cashier) when you bring your car in for service ...just like our MB. As we all know, nothing is REALLY free. You end up paying for it one way or another.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 CLK430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I bought my car at a Southern California MB dealer called Walter's. They regularly email me info about their specials. I got this from them about a month ago:

As the summer months arrive, and we start going on our vacations and long drives, it's time to make sure your Clk430a is riding safely. Having a properly aligned suspension and good tires that have proper air pressure, are wearing evenly and are balanced properly can improve gas mileage, improve braking and handling capabilities, reduce pulling and vibrations and help prevent potential tire failure. To help you prepare, we would like to offer you the following special.

Complimentary Tire and Alignment Inspection Service*
  • Check front and rear alignment specs on factory approved M-B computerized alignment rack
  • Check tire tread depth
  • Check and adjust tire pressures
  • Check for even tire wear
  • Road test vehicle to check tire balancing and tracking
  • Free carwash included
All this for Free!

Consider the following:
  • We use only factory approved wheel alignment and tire balancing equipment - most independent shops do not!
  • Our alignment and tire technicians are factory trained - independent shop technicians are not and they work on all brands!
  • We sell only factory approved and tested, original equipment tires!
  • Our replacement OE tires come with 2-year road hazard coverage at no additional charge!
Don't delay! This special expires on June 30, 2007! For more information, or to schedule your appointment, contact our Service Department at 951-688-3390. To schedule an appointment online, click here.

Rob Deck
Service Manager
Walter's Mercedes-Benz

P.S. Don't forget to print this email and present it at time of write-up!

*Not valid on previous services. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See Service Advisor for complete details.

In this case they are hoping to find something wrong. At that point, it will be up to the individual as to whether they want Walter's to perform the repair, but the inspection, car wash, coffee, and bagels are free.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I have a good dealer too, but all they give us is coffee and loaner cars if deemed necessary. I was in early the other day and there was a solitary doughnut left in a box on the counter. I saw it at the same time as their youngest tech who I really like. He offered it to me, but I then offered it to him. He inhaled it as if he hadn't had eaten for days.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Classic 92 190E 2.6
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The story just got better, the morning that the car was taken to the dealership, my wife drove the Subaru and I followed her, I noticed that one of the rear lights was out, so since I have changed one bulb before I planned to replace the bulb myself (since I was sure I had the spare bulb). I just now went to the car with spare bulb in hand, I turned on the lights, since I could not remember if the bad bulb was on the right or left side. All the lights came on! Now I remember the Service Advisor telling me on the phone: "The car has been repaired, test driven and safety checked", now when he said "safety checked", my sarcastic brain was saying things like: "the car was able to stop okay in the parking lot", but now I think they actually looked to see if all the lights where in working order, plus other things. I checked both right and left bulbs and the left bulb looks new. They did not charge me for that (you can change the bulbs in question in less that a miinute).
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
The per hour labor charge, and,according to a recent post here from some of the techs at MB dealers, the way they get paid combines to make repair costs for anything done at many or most Mercedes Dealers, very, very expensive.

One reason I think they get away with it, is that many of the customers dont know or don't care that they are being charged too high, and/or unnecessary work.

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: