post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:46 PM

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: E55 ///AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I think all of us would like to see a link to that Federal law...
Yeah post that federal law sh!t...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:51 PM

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarannante
For someone who has over 8,000 posts you aren't the sharpest tool are you?
....Also Pls complete your PROFILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
And you're a bit cocky to be insulting people among your 1st 4 posts aren't you?
Exactly!

Last edited by JOE55; 06-02-2007 at 11:57 PM.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 01:12 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation In response to all

Joe55,
I worked as a Director of Fixed Operations for a large Mercedes-Benz dealer in the NorthEast for many years. I cannot post the location because I would become swamped with telephone calls from people from these sights looking for information. One of the biggest complaints I have read is that dealerships are out to cheat and rob you. This is not true with all of them. Remember that dealers are in business to make money. They are not the Red Cross. They spend millions of dollars creating and building extravagant locations and many more dollars in training and equipment.But if people act like human beings and not like the dealer owes them everything people would get more help. To be perfectly honest with all of you, I usually do not add any response to threads because everyone seems to have "the answer". I have worked with MB for the past 16 years and love every minute of what I do for a living. Working in the automotive field is the greatest job in the world. I have been reading customer insight for a long time on the web. I guess I just became so annoyed with everyone who thought they had the answer. Many times people have given the incorrect and dangerously wrong information to another member. I understand that people are only trying to help but if the wrong information is passed it may cause a serious problem. I guess I might have come of the wrong way earlier in this thread but I mean no harm by it.
If I counted the times a customer has told one of my service advisors or myself "Well I read on the internet that....", I would probably lose count.
Most but not all information posted on these kind of sites is so far off base. If you have a real concern and not some B.S. approach the Service Manager or the Director and be polite. I am not saying to kiss butt, just be polite. In doing this, the person who you approach is more apt to assist you. Everyone claims " I am calling the factory on you". This does no good. All that the CAC (customer assistance center) is going to do is redirect back to the dealer.

Once again I do apoligize if I offended anyone with my remarks but I have been reading and not responding for long enough.

Last edited by jcarannante; 06-04-2007 at 01:24 AM.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 11:04 AM

Lifetime Premium Member
PM sent...

post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Thumbs up Thank you jcarannante!

Hello jcarannante,

I am offering an apology to you mainly because I had no idea that you worked for MBUSA. I agree that there is some mis-information posted on here, but once you are here for a length of time, it becomes obvious who knows what they are talking about, and who does not. I have my favorites, please believe me.

I use my MB dealer for all service, and follow their advice to the letter. If you can believe what you read on some posts here, there might be a few unscrupulous and greedy dealers. I think mine is "one of the good ones" and am completely satisfied with how I am treated. In fact, I have spoken with my dealer's owner on several ocassions (Jed Smith of Smith Motor Cars in Charleston, WV) and he has always treated me with the utmost respect.

I am glad you are paying attention to this forum, and from now on, I will be focusing on your comments.

Thanks you Sir, for being a participant.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 06:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Your story changes w/ every post. You keep bringing up irrelevant BS. Let's get back to your original statement that there is a Federal law against turning off Tele-Aid. That is, after all, what this dust-up is all about. I think all of us would like to see a link to that Federal law...

In order for surveillance to be carried out, the United States Attorney General or his subordinates (so designated under section 201) may authorize a Federal judge to grant a surveillance order to the FBI or other Federal agency. Each of the orders granted must be reviewed by one of eleven District Court judges, of which at any one time three must live within 20 miles of the District of Columbia (see section 208).

Title II amended the US Code to allow a magistrate judge to issue a warrant outside of their district for any orders that relate to terrorism (section 219). Section 220 of the title also gave a Federal court judge the power to issue nationwide service of search warrants for electronic surveillance.

Under FISA, any agency may require a common carrier, landlord, custodian, or other person provide them with all information, facilities, or technical assistance necessary to accomplish ongoing electronic surveillance. They must also protect the secrecy of and cause as little disruption to the ongoing surveillance effort as possible. This was further tighted in section 206. Section 222 further limited the sort of assistance an agency may require, and provided for compensation of any person who rendered surveillance assistance to the government agency. Section 225 allows for legal immunity to any provider of a wire or electronic communication service, landlord, custodian, or other person that provides any information, facilities, or technical assistance in accordance with a court order or request for emergency assistance

And about 6 more start reading.
49CFR571.
47CFR90.
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 09:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE55
Done
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE55

Joe, hope you are ok, just wondering if you up graded your TeleAid yet?

post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2007, 06:44 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jun 2007
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't need to. My car is already digital.
LOL
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Your story changes w/ every post. You keep bringing up irrelevant BS. Let's get back to your original statement that there is a Federal law against turning off Tele-Aid. That is, after all, what this dust-up is all about. I think all of us would like to see a link to that Federal law...

Ha Ha Ha ya my story changed, and you run away, because ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in