Date registered: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this in the W208 CLK Class forum but I didn't get much help so I'm posting it here as well:
I have a 2002 CLK 55 cabriolet. When the weather started getting warmer a few weeks ago I noticed that the A/C compressor was not operating. The blower works fine but the air does not come out cold. Things checked so far:
- I have checked all the fuses and I didn't find anything wrong there
- I have jumpered across the refrigerant pressure switch on the drier and the
compressor didn't run
- I have applied 12 volts directly to the A/C clutch and it will engage
- When the air flow direction arrow button is pushed to direct air to the floor, the defroster vents or the dash vents, the air flow doesn't seem to change at all and still comes out of dash vents.
- I have checked all of the underhood vacuum lines and they all appear to be securely connected
In light of my findings so far, the problem seems to be that the air flow doors are not operating properly and the compressor clutch is not getting power from the climate control system. I assume these two things are related but I'm not sure how. I don't have any wiring diagrams so I don't know what components are in-line with the compressor or where they're located.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.