LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Do Not Do Business neautoauction

I have made the mistake of purchasing a vehicle on ebay from neautoauction. They go by the name of International Auto Exchange in Scranton, PA. The description of the Mercedes Benz E420 was one in all in good working order and good tires on all corners. They made it sound great. This however was not true. I had trouble with it when I came to pick it up and they claimed to fix it while I waited. The blower motor would randomly turn on and off and they got it to stop until I left. So I had this issue right of the bat. I left Scranton for Minneapolis on a nice cool fall day. The next day in Cleveland it was sunny and warm and I had discovered that neither one of the right side windows would open. I drove to Chicago for the night to meet with friends. When I left the following morning in light rain I found the tires are so worn that it was sliding all over the road even with the traction control on.
After I got home I called the seller, International Auto Exchange / neautoauction and left my messages that I was not very happy with the condition of the vehicle. The receptionist told me that Paul would call me back. However, (surprise, surprise) I did not get a return call. I had to spend a couple thousand dollars to get this going the first couple weeks I had it and it still needs more work.

During the sale you are pressured to leave your feedback on ebay right there in the sales office before you even get to drive the car but I waited. After being ignored by the seller, I left negative comments on ebay but it was too far after the sale to stick and they had it removed. Here is how they responded to my feedback stating that their ad was misleading and I tried to contact them with no response. Seller: LEAVES UNDESERVED FEEDBACK- NO COMMUNICATION- BAD WAY TO DO BUISNESS. Reply by me: My comments about seller are true-cost $1000s to fix left messages for seller w/no reply. Follow-up by neautoauction: COMMENT WAS SO UNTRUE IT HAS BEEN REMOVED. THIS GUY IS A LIAR…BE CAREFUL.

The feedback was not removed because it wasn’t true; it was removed because it was too late to give the negative feedback. The delay was because I had been waiting for them to return my calls. I like that their reply is in all caps because as we all know if it’s in caps it must be true.

Now I know I should have had it checked out by a mechanic before hand but who can you trust in Scranton, PA? I'm sure that there is someone but how can I be sure that they're not in with the seller. The fact is they lied about the condition of the car in their ad on ebay; they sold me a jalopy and they knew it. It was not safe to be on the road when I left the lot and it's not safe to drive even now. Bottom line is to be careful when buying big items over the Internet. And also to be very careful not to do business with International Auto Exchange / neautoauction. THEY ARE LIARS!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Blower motor issue (probably a bad regulator -- $195), window problem ,and worn tires that you must have seen before you accepted delivery on the car. Is there a warranty or was it sold "as is"?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
The upside of it is that the E420 is a really good car basically, and there's a good chance that after the problems are sorted, it will be a great long lasting car.

They are like owning 80% of a 500E, almost a supercar, definately a sports sedan for sure. Very fast, beautifully balanced and with all the 300E virtues of durability, safety, quality, longevity and old school Mercedes build quality.

Buying a used car, especially a luxury one, off of ebay,
is not wisely done sight unseen.

It was probably offered without a warranty, since it was an E420, and there are good and bad sellers who are dealers on ebay. The onus falls on the bidder to have the car inspected beforehand, whether by proxy, a forum member who is willing to look, or finding a local shop to look (the mercedesshop and mbca have "good Mercedes shops" sections state by state to check)

Let's hope others have been warned here, and also the E420 turns out to be a sweet ride in the end. Pretty good chance it might, as it's basically a wonderful package.

Ebay tends to protect sellers more than buyers in transactions like this. Bad sellers will use feedback as a weapon, no surprise there.

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 04-26-2007 at 10:49 AM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Thank you for filling us in on International Auto Exchange aka neautoauction, and I hope you get your car into decent condition without spending much more money.

I have a neighbor who bought a Mercedes (CLK55) on eBay not long ago, and although he says he has had a few electrical issues, he loves the car. I don't know any more details, but I would be very reluctant to buy any car from any seller half-way across the country.

I hope all of us have learned a lesson from your unfortunate experience.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: Oo == oO 98 E320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've bought my last two MB's on e-bay in NJ with very good success. I watch e-bay closely on several MB models. The seller mentioned above does not have a good feedback rating & flaky comments. I could tell their cars were marginal to begin with. That said, I'm fortunate to have a good clue about a car in person, so on both of my purchases I picked up the car myself and went over it thoroughly before completing the purchase. Even with the best of circumstances anticipated, I went to NJ knowing there was a 10% chance that I would have to walk away & fly back if the car was misrepresented. It's been a win-win for me; would not recommend this to folks who don't know a fair bit about cars.

'87 300E: sold after 11years @ 230k & still on the road somewhere in rural Tennessee.

'94 C220 with 93k totalled 10/06 by hit & run broadsiding monster truck: not a scratch or bruise for me
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Anyone who can reliably buy cars sight unseen on ebay truly must have xray vision just like Superman. Although I bought a car recently on ebay it was not before I went to see it myself and satisfied my interests in condition and in the seller.

God Bless those who have that much faith in strangers that they can look at a 300dpi picture of a car before making a purchase decision involving thousands of dollars.

Regarding neautoauction, thanks monkeyabuse for the information; you are helping many people by sharing your experience and "lessons learned".

'89 300E
'90 300CE
'93 400E
'93 500E
'00 E320
'73 Alfa GTV
'77 308GTB
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I bought my ML320 in March after seeing it on ebay from Expo Motor Cars in Houston, Texas. I've had a couple of minor issues (Video Entertainment system has to be reset about once a month, rear seat cable has slipped off twice and latch has broke). The car was offered as a 'refuse if didn't like' and I flew down there, looked it over, test drove it and accepted it. It had new Pirelli Scorpions and new brakes, neither which was described in the auction. I am, overall, very pleased with my experience and would deal with them again. I'd never obligate myself for a car off ebay unless it was offered as condition guaranteed or money back, which this one was.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: