Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Northern NJ Indie

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Quadcammer 
#1 ·
anybody know of a good one that is reasonably priced (ie less than $90 per hour).

thanks.

#2 ·
Bells Mercedes-Benz in Paramus area, 51 E Ridgewood, Bergen County, NJ. Right off of Route 17 and the Garden State Parkway across from Lord and Taylors. Been going there ever since my PPI and they came in highly recommended by good family friends. Going rate is $80 an hour and they're great.

#3 · (Edited)
Star Service in
Wantage, NJ.... 973-875-2228, ask for Karl.
He let me buy my parts from Phil and he did the installation.
Worked on these baby's in Austria for years. He is honest,
thorough, timely and a great guy to talk to.

Don't know what he charges an hour but he does
charge more when you buy your own parts.

Louis.

ShopForum - View Single Post - New Jersey

New Jersey - ShopForum

#4 ·
chinny4290 said:
Bells Mercedes-Benz in Paramus area, 51 E Ridgewood, Bergen County, NJ. Right off of Route 17 and the Garden State Parkway across from Lord and Taylors. Been going there ever since my PPI and they came in highly recommended by good family friends. Going rate is $80 an hour and they're great.
hmm, thats a possibility. they are familiar with newer stuff right?

#5 ·
Oliver,
Not sure how far you are from central Jersey. But I would suggest that with the 80/hr going rate of indies, I've realized that the dealer is the best option. They honor their work and warranty. Two dealers I've tested and are good are MB of moristown, and ray catena in edison NJ.
At the end, imagine, whatever work we get done can't be more than 2 or 3 hours for big stuff. extra 20/hr makes that an extra $60 for the totall 3 hour job. That to me is worth the peace of mind knowing its done at the dealer and done right. Small stuff e.g oil change, brakes etc. sure that we can get done at any indie but then I wont pay $80/hr for that. I"ll go to the ones who charge $25 for oil change and $50 for brakes :)

#6 ·
benz3000 said:
Oliver,
Not sure how far you are from central Jersey. But I would suggest that with the 80/hr going rate of indies, I've realized that the dealer is the best option. They honor their work and warranty. Two dealers I've tested and are good are MB of moristown, and ray catena in edison NJ.
At the end, imagine, whatever work we get done can't be more than 2 or 3 hours for big stuff. extra 20/hr makes that an extra $60 for the totall 3 hour job. That to me is worth the peace of mind knowing its done at the dealer and done right. Small stuff e.g oil change, brakes etc. sure that we can get done at any indie but then I wont pay $80/hr for that. I"ll go to the ones who charge $25 for oil change and $50 for brakes :)
normally I would agree, however you have to remember that dealers won't install customer supplied parts, and they want an outrageous price for parts.

#9 ·
jephey said:
::AutoBahn - Welcome!:: check them out, great guys at that shop, plenty of places to eat while you wait.
Yeah, I talked to dave on friday. the only problem is the location. Its about an hour and 10 minutes from me and since I work in the city, its not easy for me to get down there in a reasonable time period.

Anybody ever used "the shade tree" in morristown?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.